Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday Saigey had the second dog show and there was 4 male puppies and 5 female puppies showing unusual enough the gudge didn't choose any of them at all not even second or third it seems that the judge didn't like boxer puppies. My dog posed perfectly in my openion for a 5 month old.

It is not that I wanted my puppy to win but at least someone should have one not nothing

There was suppose to be a price like last month best male puppy in breed and best female puppy in breed than another one between both and at the end best reserve. Can this thing happen? It was very unusual to me but since I am a beginer I am not sure. The judge was from Israel if i am not mistaken he is a veterinarian.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Re: [b]Re- Showing your dog.[/b] need advice.

In the AKC, a judge can withhold ribbons if they feel none of the exhibits has enough merit to warrant the win; it doesn't happen often, but it does happen.   It would be unusual for *all* ribbons to be withheld, though.  However, in AKC shows, five-month-old puppies aren't permitted to compete, so I'm wondering if this was maybe a match or something, and perhaps the judge just didn't realize ribbons were to be awarded? I'm not at all familiar with the judging system in Malta, so this is pure guesswork!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://www.maltakennelclub.org/

17th 18th February 2007 ? CAC Championship Dog Show (All Breeds)

This is the site of the Malta kennel club and it was a dog show like all other times
http://www.maltakennelclub.org/index_fi ... e0016.html
There also was a thropy to be wone and it didn't my puppy won last January's show, I didn't expect to win again but I thought someone had to win since there was a thropy like last time.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I have no idea! But as Newcastle said puppies cannot start their show career in AKC santioned events until 6 months of age! However they can be entered in match shows earlier then that!

Please correct me if Im wrong but didnt you say on the "Just for Fun" post that your dog was neutered?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No he is not neutered. Let me check because my english is not that good maybe I didn't understand the question.
I will ask at the kennel club If there was some rules that has changed since January because although I enjoy showing it is not fun to spend $90 for nothing, Thanks for the advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts