Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a researcher. I can become obsessed with it at times. Prior to getting my puppy I researched breeders. I researched food. I wanted to have a good understanding of what I was getting into getting a dog and the right breed to match our family. I have learned from my mistake in the past about purchasing a pet. I have bearded dragons and bought two on a whim for my boys. Then I did research on them and found out that I made a bad purchase. One died a year after and the other one needs to be hand fed with a syringe with baby food in order to survive. They typically eat crickets and bugs and without teeth he needs fed this way. We have two others as well, one a rescue and one we hatched ourselves. But I ramble... Let's get back on subject...

During my food research I came across an article that I read thouroghly over (twice). I just recently re-read it as I sent this to a friend to read. It is written by a kibble company, Orijen which is Champion Pet Foods Ltd., but I found a lot of great information. Even though it is written by Champion Petfoods, basically the information contained in the paper is what convinced me to feed a species appropriate diet of raw food. It is quite a lengthy read, but I highly recommend it to anyone who owns a dog or who is thinking about getting a dog or wants to know more about the inner working of a dog.

http://files.championpetfoods.com/ORIJEN_White_Paper.pdf

·
Registered
868 Posts
Thanks for sending it with me.. :) I just read it the other night, and I am going to read it a second time. I am a lot like you, in the sense that I research everything. I am so thankful for the information that you and Kari have shared. IT definitely reassured me that I have made the right choice in how I feed my dogs :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts