Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..my dogs were DEMANDING my attention..barking, jumping in my face licking me...it's Sunday and we spend most of our day at church...not to mention that my sister got in a horrible car accident last night and totalled her car and I was helping her out today...she is so blessed she is not dead...hit black ice spun out of control and wrapped her car around a tree...on the drivers side...lost conciousness for over 40 min in the cold..no coat...concussion..but a few mph faster and she wouldn't have survived...

anyways...so my pups were EXTREMELY wired up tonight...so it's 10:30...I'm tired...only a few hours of sleep last night due to sis' accident...so I bundle up...take em to the park next door...and use the laser pointer across the ENTIRE field...I swear Bo has deer in him...he is SO fast...he was just bounding across the field back and forth for 30 minutes straight ...Jetta is getting pretty quick herself too...but man...where do they get the stamina?  30 minutes of sprinting across a field nonstop...randomly changing directions...jeez...and then they still are wrestling with each other inside...but at least it made it easy for me to interact with them and get them *somewhat* worn out...

Here are a few pics of the car...it was so scary seeing where she had been!

She had to be removed from the back seat and remove her boots because they couldn't get her out the front...the side of the car crushed in on her leg and the top of the console/steering wheel came down on them...she was totally pinned...unconscious etc...i rescued her boots today...took over 5 minutes to get them out of there...even without a leg in them...so scary

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Really crappy day...but thank God for safety and the las

yeah...the tow company guys was like..is the person ok?  And our mom said..."she's right there."  the guy was needless to say..surprised...I have no idea how she was able to not get hurt more than she did...a bump on the head and a couple cuts and bruises...

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

Wow, she is certainly being watched by an angel....That is an awful looking wreck...Glad your sister is ok Jamie......Lol about the babies and all their energy...I swear, it's like those energizer batteries inside them just won't wear down!  :lol:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

Goodness...I agree with Willow, Your sister without a doubt has an angel sitting on her shoulder..So happy to hear she is okay   :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

yeah, my mom teared up when she saw the car and how close we came to losing her...she is actually going to try to go to work today...she works a daycare in the 3 year old room...I can't imagine working with 10 or so 3 year olds with a splitting headache, sore knee and a concussion...she's stronger than I am!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts

Wow... glad she's okay!! I know how you must feel... my sister has been in TWO VERY SERIOUS accidents... one was her fault and the other... the worse one... was not. Very scary for a loving sister to go through that!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

Wow, Jamie, so glad to hear she is okay. That car...my gosh...it is a miracle!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

Your sister is so lucky definately had an angel watching over her.

I am going to have to get one of those laser pointers, maybe I can use that to get her attention and stop her from digging in the holes at the dog park.

·
Registered
780 Posts

Glad your sister is okay!  Black ice is horrible because most of the time you don't see it coming!

Never thought of the laser in the snow....Ziggi loves the laser and stomps through the house after....outside would be much nicer!  :D

·
Registered
263 Posts

The good Lord above was watching out over her. I gasped so hard when I first saw the pictures that my hubby had to come look and see what was the matter. Thankfully she is okay.  We have the lazar pointer and on nights when Samson is a little crazy I shine it out the back door and on the fence and he will run along it.  it's funny though the other night after I shut if off i couldn't get him to come in he was still standing out there like, I know that little red is out here somewhere.  I finally had to shine it all the way back into the house to get him to come in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts