Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Have her kidneys checked. My last girl Bailey always had an incredible thirst and was real hard to keep weight on her. We knew her kidneys were malformed from the time she was a puppy. Vet confirmed through imaging.

· Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Rubella is there a treatment for that?

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
If they're just not functioning due to infection or something else there are treatments. My girl was born with malformed kidneys so there wasn't anything to be done. She just always drank like a beast and when they started to really shut down I had to make that painful decision. Here's a link that a person actually put up some good info. I usually don't go by these but this person actually seemed to know what they were talking about:

Dog with kidney failure - is IV fluid the right solution? - Yahoo! Answers

It could very well NOT be a kidney problem but I mentioned it because my girl presented the symptoms you listed except she never drank her pee.

Best wishes and I hope it turns out to be nothin serious.

· Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Oh wow that's good to hear. I took advice and made some satin balls. Looks like she's liking it. She's still not touching her kibble. I'm thinking maybe she is allergic? She's been on that dog food for about a month.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
Might be a good time to switch her to raw as long as the vet says shes good to go after her appointment:). I have 0 regrest and nothing but 2 happy dogs that cry to be fed since switching- mine were starting to not like kibble either.

I also notice my girls drink less water since being on raw since their's so much water in raw meat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts