Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Thank you for the update!! I'm so glad to hear your gorgeous baby is doing better.

Did you stick with feeding her raw?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I took her off of raw until she finishes her medication and the saline bag. Right now she's eating Ble Buffalo Wilderness for puppy. I did notice she's not gaining weight as fast as when I had her on raw.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone! A few months ago I got a female boxer from a friend and she was the runt of the litter. For weeks 12-20 she was gaining weight but for the last three weeks its been really slow. She probably gained 1 lbs in that period. Right now shes only 22lbs and shes a little over 5 months. I feed her 2x a day but she doesn't always eat. We are feeding her replenish all life stages food mixed with replenish wet food. She however drinks a ton of water, to the point shell drink so much she will vomit and keep drinking. She seems to have a water addiction. She's been like this since we got her. I told our vet and she said its normal, puppies drink allot of water. I have set up another vet apt this weekend to get some testing done, but I'm getting worried since she seems to be really skinny. Anyone have any recommendations to get her weight up and also her water fixation? I am trying to limit her water intake but she's always trying to drink from the toilet or drinking her pee. I stop giving her water at 7pm and at least once a week she's soil her crate. I have to let her out every 4 hours at night to use the bathroom. Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
I have 5 month old boxers as well They eat 3 times a day They don’t like dry food We give them royal Cain puppy boxer food and I have to make chicken rice or ground turkey and pumkin mix in food and they eat it up For snacks they get green beans cucumbers blueberry Scram eggs in food once a week They also have broth at petsmart that I put in also Hope that helps your picky eater I know adding a little food with their dry food helped a lot they are now 33 lbs

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Soft food shoots thru a Boxers system so fast they get little to no nutrition from it unless there is some kind of bulk to the food they will not retain enough to gain weight. Pumpkin is used as a laxative I would not want to have to clean up the yard behind a dog on a soft food pumpkin laced diet I guess you would just use the hose!

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Hello everyone! A few months ago I got a female boxer from a friend and she was the runt of the litter. For weeks 12-20 she was gaining weight but for the last three weeks its been really slow. She probably gained 1 lbs in that period. Right now shes only 22lbs and shes a little over 5 months. I feed her 2x a day but she doesn't always eat. We are feeding her replenish all life stages food mixed with replenish wet food. She however drinks a ton of water, to the point shell drink so much she will vomit and keep drinking. She seems to have a water addiction. She's been like this since we got her. I told our vet and she said its normal, puppies drink allot of water. I have set up another vet apt this weekend to get some testing done, but I'm getting worried since she seems to be really skinny. Anyone have any recommendations to get her weight up and also her water fixation? I am trying to limit her water intake but she's always trying to drink from the toilet or drinking her pee. I stop giving her water at 7pm and at least once a week she's soil her crate. I have to let her out every 4 hours at night to use the bathroom.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
The Rescue we adopted was very skinny, and tested for pin and tape worms. He was positive, and also had a tick borne disease. He was anemic on bloodwork, and there are tests the vet can run that would rule out any parasites. It's probably not the case with your puppy, but may need to be ruled out. Our Boxer rescue also had a UTI. Can you take a fresh urine sample to your vet? I guess I'd feed a PPP Puppy food to see if she'll eat it. I think they are well-balanced, and she may really like the taste.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts