Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recent pictures of Leila - December 2011

At 20 months old

Last Dec. 26th was Leila's vet appt. I wanted her checked over because her breathing was labored and was heavily panting after playtime. An EKG, xray and a physical was done, including listening to her heartbeat. I requested further tests like a bloodwork but the vet was frank with me: her heavy breathing, most likely, is due to her increased weight. 3 months ago, she weighed around 60 lbs. Now she weighs 70 lbs - she gained 10 lbs in three months. The vet scolded me for allowing this to happen. We've been going to the school yard twice a day, trying to get her to exercise more. I'm going to have to take the extra effort now that winter break is over. Unfortunately, by the time I get home from work, it's dark already and the best we can do is walk around the neighborhood. Leila and my New Year's resolution: to lose weight together!!

A little chunky

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
She is SO beautiful!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Awwww...what a sweet girl!! Good luck...me too..trying to drop some lbs myself..lol...

·
Registered
43 Posts
has she been in the bins when u were at work............lol boxers non stop eat n plus they got them eyes n ways to make u laugh!! rocky was a big fella thogh he was fit god i miss him its so strange without him.:cry:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts