Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
My pup would do that. My vet told me to feed him either a little food or good treats right before bed. Never happened again. Basically said some dogs will do that if their stomach is too empty in the morning. If your dogs have absolutely no other symptoms, it might be something as simple as that.
I will try that tonight instead of the wet food! Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone ! I am in the same boat. I have two boxers. zena who is 2 and her half brother Zeus who is 3. They where having issues last year since October of air gulping, drolling, swallowing hard, licking everything, and throwing up stomach acid in the morning right before they eat. We have changed their food to Hills ID low fat. They are Pepcid and omeprazole. They do not get table food, they do not get anything. We have countless vet visit and er visits because we didn’t know what it is. I strongly believe it is acid reflux and their food. Since February their symptoms have worse , they have thrown up stomach acid 8 times in a 2 week span. I have had GI bloodwork done/ultrasounds and everything looks great. I do not want to do the endoscopy yet because they are still healthy and eating. Also, is the endoscopy really going to give me answers or just theories. I want to change their food, can someone please help!! I’m up for anything with my poor babies!
[/QUOTE
I have had exactly the same issues with my last Boxer and dried food. If you change them to a good quality raw frozen diet I believe their problems will disappear overnight, ours did! It just suits sensitive boxer tummies and they love it. Vets usually don’t like raw but tend to not have a great knowledge of nutrition. It’s definitely worth giving it a go, good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
In such cases, it is worth heeding the veterinarian's advice! A special diet is very effective! The diet for gastrointestinal diseases should be shaped so that the animal gets food that it did not get before or that is unlikely to cause allergies. There are many good commercial exclusion diets for GI tract pathology, or the doctor may suggest a homemade diet option. But the diet should be started in conjunction with the course of treatment when the doctor has informed you about the necessary medications! If medications are expensive, you can discuss this with medical auditors Buffalo Medical Billing Company - Fortis Medical Billing. It is very difficult to manage on your own!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts