Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boxer sky recently developed a red bump on her face.  It is about the size of an eraser [little bigger] any ideas?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
It could be a lot of things. Like a pimple or a bite. Is it on her chin or by her nose? Keep an eye on it, if it gets bigger or she gets more of them I would bring her to the vet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.  It is more like a red raised wart on her right side of her snout.  I'll try and snap a picture of it and post if I have a chance.  Thank you for the reply.
Glenn

·
Registered
508 Posts
Im with Tootsie on this one as well. Zeus got a little pink spot on his smooshy face by the nose but it is going away i think he just rubbed it raw. But i would take yours to the vet if it gets bigger

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Boxers also have a tendency to get zits on their faces and chins (Lilly is a prime example).  Keep an eye on it and if it gets bigger then take your pup to the vet.  Dog have staph on their skin all the time so if your pup rubs it raw or its a zit and it breaks then you run the risk of your pup getting a staph infection.  Keep an eye on it and Good Luck!!!

Welcome to the forum!!! Your baby is beautiful!!!  I love the whites!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
948 Posts
My bfs pitbull gets zits on his snout all the time... We just put warm compresses on it..

·
Registered
508 Posts
OH NO NOT STAPH INFECTION. 4 of my friends got staph infection. Meanless to say i didnt go over to my friends house for a while. That is so nasty when they have to cut it open and gauz it. Matter of fact one of them that had gotten it during that time got bit by another spider at his house and they are thinking he will have to get it cut open and the bad part is that it is on his butt cheek  :lol:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I was guessing zits.  Gunner gets them from time to time.  Make sure to wash their face with a warm cloth after they eat.  Keeps food and germs out of there.  If it's acne, it will go away on it's own but may take time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much for the advise.  She has a vet appt today I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Let us know how it goes, hope all is well!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts