Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey its been a while since I posted anything because all has been calm and training going great until now...
She has these sores on her neck and I'm not sure if it's a simple rash or something more I should be concerned about. Hoping for some help.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She is her collar all the time. So she can have her tags on. We are so fearful of her getting out that we want her tags on and notification of her being deaf on her at all times. wears a harness for her walks.

If it is from her collar which Im thinking the same is there any collar that wouldn't irratat her. Right now she is in a nylon one.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
She is her collar all the time. So she can have her tags on. We are so fearful of her getting out that we want her tags on and notification of her being deaf on her at all times. wears a harness for her walks.

If it is from her collar which Im thinking the same is there any collar that wouldn't irratat her. Right now she is in a nylon one.
Not sure about collars. Maybe just try loosening it a notch. Also maybe some coconut oil or something similar.

I had Zuke in a collar all day and then started to notice bald spots and a little irritation on the same spot Gypsy has. I haven't used one since. I understand though with a deaf dog you would definitely want it on all the time with her tags.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Poor baby. I would definitely loosen the collar and apply the coconut oil. Tyson wears a harness for walks, when he was a puppy he got dermatitis from his tags rubbing against his skin it wasn't that bad though, we took him to the vet. It cleared up after a few days of ointment. Good luck !

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haven't had her collar on for a couple of days only when we takeep her to the bathroom and harness for a walk. Been putting coconut oil and polysporin on her and she seems to be clearing up. I ordered her a rolled leather collar so we can keep her tags on. So hopefully this will be the only time we have to deal with this

·
Registered
163 Posts
Poor Gypsy! Glad that it's getting better. Talos is on his third collar just because he's been growing like a weed. He doesn't like when we take it off. He sits at my feet until I put it back on. I keep it on the loose side though to keep it from rubbing. Plus I found a collar that seems much softer than ones we've previously used. It's neon orange and reflective green. I figure this way if we are walking in the alley at night a car would see him easier. Plus it makes it easier to spot him on the cameras at doggie day care.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts