Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, we got Gracie about 2 weeks ago. She is about 3 years old. First few times we had to leave her alone in the house we kenneled her and she did ok, but you could tell she isn't real fond of the kennel. We got her from a county animal shelter where she had been for about 5 weeks. Once earlier when she was having the run of the house while were outside for a little bit, she opened the fridge and helped herself to a couple of hotdogs that were on a plate. When we are home with her she has never even sniffed the fridge.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
wow first thing i would do is set up a camera lol..that would be a great thing to see !! shes very smart !..i know you want to break the habit but it is cute..lol..

jeez this is a new one for me..im sure alot of people on here will have advice for ya...

i wonder if someone taught her that in her past? be interesting to see HOW she does it..pretty cool ..

welcome to the forum !!!:D

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I had a boxer and a boxer/bulldog mix one time...i went out of town one weekend and left care to one of my brothers and he wasnt the best pet sitter...needless to say he left the two dogs out (free raom) all night and they got into the fridge and got into EVERYTHING!!!!! I come home to egg pieces, diarehha (sp?) b/c they got into and ate all my butter along with everything else i had in there!! Never figured out how they did it.

Now after that story...my best suggestion is to kennel. I am a belieiver in keeping your dogs kenneled if you cant be around. It is good for the safety of your pet, home and in your case your fridge :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ky_IsisnOnyxsMama\";p=\"59138 said:
wow first thing i would do is set up a camera lol..that would be a great thing to see !! shes very smart !..i know you want to break the habit but it is cute..lol..

jeez this is a new one for me..im sure alot of people on here will have advice for ya...

i wonder if someone taught her that in her past? be interesting to see HOW she does it..pretty cool ..

welcome to the forum !!!:D
Hahaha!! I second setting up the video camera! send it into Americas Funniest Home Videos!

As for the solution... Sorry I am of no help-- I am a new boxer owner myself...

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Sorry for your problems, but your story really put a smile on my face.  I'd love to know how she did it - but being a boxer, I'm not really surprised that she did it.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
What you really need to do is teach her how to get you a beer and bring it to you.  Then when you are watching football you don't have to get up :) I think Adam wants to teach Duke that.  

And sorry I really don't know how to fix your problem.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
[quote="DUKE01\";p=\"59179":17z60xup]What you really need to do is teach her how to get you a beer and bring it to you.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I would love to see a video too.  I think the child lock on the fridge that Eimer suggested is the best solution if you are uncomfortable crating.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
DUKE01\";p=\"59179 said:
What you really need to do is teach her how to get you a beer and bring it to you.  Then when you are watching football you don't have to get up :) I think Adam wants to teach Duke that.
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Get daddy a beer!  Love it.

Yeah I don't know how to fix that either, but damn that's a smart dog you got there.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum...Don't think we are taking your question lightly, we are laughing cos it never fails to amaze the things that our babies are capable of....Believe me, it's very frustrating...My recomendation would be crating as well, it's not a punishment, or a bad thing really, it keeps your Boxer safe and also your house safe! But if you don't feel good about doing that, I would do the Baby lock like Eimear suggested....I also would love to see a video of how she does that, sounds like she's been trained....Can't wait to tell Marq about this, he was talking about teaching Angel to get him beer out of the frig, I want him to know what could possibly happen  :lol:

·
Registered
839 Posts
How funny! I'm sure you could win the 10,000 $ on America's funniest Home Videos!!! But seriously, I would kennel while you're not around. To make sure she wouldn't get in anything that could seriously hurt her.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Some kind of child lock for the fridge wood work... otherwise there is no stopping her besides crating!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts