Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I know it took me a while to write a posting for my girl Sexy, as I've been struggling with my emotions over her loss.
After reading and replying to many of your posts, I figured it was probably time I say a few words about Sexy.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
that was beautiful...im glad you have Gaby to help you through this tough time..both Sexy and Gaby are beautiful and the tribute was wonderful. thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
My heart aches for you!  I don't remember what happened to Sexy...but, I know that when my SIL has a boxer that is getting older, she gets a puppy so that she will have exactly that comfort when she loses her love...I plan to take a page out of her book...cause I know I would be just as devastated as you to lose one of my babies! They mean SO much...and as my SIL says...they aren't dogs...their kids. Period.

I'm so sorry for your loss...and I am SO glad you have your Gaby girl!  Blessings!

·
Registered
648 Posts
WoW - It must be so hard when one crosses over the bridge. I have lived with dogs growing up but Britney is my first that I take care of and do everything for. I sometimes think about that and I have to just change my thoughts becasue I get emotional. However, I try to live in the moment and cherish every second. It helps you to live llike that in the world as well - like dogs which live in the present moment and why they are so great of companions. They can forgive in an instant or smile if they just got in trouble. They show us life is too short to be down.  

I am sure Sexy is so glad you are getting happy and giving that extra love to Gabby when she needed a good home.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
That is a wonderful tribute to your Sexy.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
that was really beautiful. sometimes it is hard to put into words how our boxers touch our hearts but that was very well said. sexy was a beautiful girl and so is gabby.so glad you have her to help you heal.

·
Registered
693 Posts
What a wonderful tribute to a special girl. We lost our special girl December 2006. Sexy looks a awful lot like our Sophie. I swore I was going to wait to get another dog, we couldn't stand not having somebody at your feet all the time. I was very lost without Sophie and thats when Donner came into the picture. He really helped the healing process.Run free sweet girls.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Awww, that was really cool. I lost my old girl, Skylar, in September 2007. I really miss her...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Awww man, my coworkers are going to think I am psychotic- this is twice in two days I've cried over something I've read.

I hope Sexy is running free in a land where she can eat, run, and play to her heart's content!

Beautiful tribute to your special little girl. :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I am so sorry for your lose.  I hope she's found my boy (3/98-10/07), and they are having a crazy  time, away from the worries of the world.  It is a beautiful tribute, and cut right into my heart.  These dogs are so intuitive and loving.  I think they are just "lent" to us to love for a short time, never long enough.  

Ann WI

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Sorry for your loss, awesome tribute!  One day, I will be in your shoes.  Charlie is my first dog, followed by Sadie.  I've never dealt with losing a pet, but I can say that when Charlie was real sick last fall, this grown man cried like a little girl.  I hope that you and Gaby form a close-knit bond!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss.  :(  Sexy sounded like a sweet girl. Oh...and cry all you want, they are our kids and you need to grieve however you feel the need. The very first time I have ever seen my husband cry after 13 years of marriage was when we had to help Buster cross, and he is a very stout 6'3" man. You are human.

RIP sweet Sexy girl.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts