Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to tell my story about my buddy Sammy. My name is Billy and I am a 20 year old Arizona State student. My boxer Sammy died two nights ago and had to hear the news over the phone because my family lives back in Monterey, California. After getting a text from my mom saying "did you hear the news?", she called right away and told me Sammy had been hit by car and killed. He had somehow gotten out during the night and been hit. The person apparently just hit him and took off. I did not know there were that soul less of people out there in the world. At least we could have gotten a call or something. Sam was 8 years old, born on Nov 24, 1999. I have had him since I was in 6th grade. I remember when my mom took him home, she said he was so small he was sitting on the front seat, and fell on the ground at a stop light. She felt horrible! I remember this like it was yesterday. I know boxers have a relatively short lifespan, so I knew the day of his death was coming sometime in the not too distant future. It's just hard for him to go out like this. He was perfectly healthy, and still was full of life. We also have a 3 year old pug Frankie, and they were the best of friends. She misses him terribly now! When I would take the two for walks Sam was like her protective older brother, no other dog could get close to her. My dad also passed last summer from a brain tumor and I think the passing of Sam has made it 10x worse. I felt like I had put my dad in the past and was feeling pretty good. As soon as Sammy passed I felt the same exact rush, and began to miss the two of them very much. I feel the same way I did when my dad died. It's crazy how much a pet can feel like a human. I am sure I will not even be able to experience the full loss until I go back home. The one bright spot is now my dad can hang out with Sammy again! I know one another is keeping each other good company! I am sure they will be very excited to see me one day again! Another boxer puppy is definitely gonna be on my agenda in the future! Thank all for listening to me vent! It feels much better to get it all out! 11/24/99-3/29/08

·
Registered
880 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss.  RIP handsome Sammy.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Oh, honey, I'm so sorry for your loss!
I've also lost my dad and a dog to being hit by a car.  My hubby, son, and I  watched helplessly as our Rocky got hit by a car on the highway, and that person didn't stop either!

Dear Father God,
Help Billy in this difficult time.  Ease his pain so he can go on with daily activities.  Bless his mind to be focused on finishing out this semester.  Heal his broken heart.  Bless Billy's mom during this difficult time, Lord.  Help her to not worry about Billy.  Lord, help Billy and his mom to turn to you in their time of grief for love, support, and comfort.
All these things I ask in Jesus name, Amen.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
I'm so sorry Billy!  

My father and dog also passed.  If I can tell you a story ..

My father passed away of a stroke (3 years ago).  Hardest thing in life we ever had to do was pull the plug on what was the most amazing man!

Then, last year I had a dream.  I dreamt that I was sitting on the bleachers of a ball diamond waiting for my game to begin when out of the corner of my eye I saw a Rottweiler.  Of course it got my attention (because Charlie was a Rottweiler) and I looked up.  Here I was staring at this man walking a dog and he looked identical to my father.  I ran up to him and I looked in astonishment and said you look just like my dad, to which he replied "I am your dad" and he smiled.  He kept walking on and I ran after him asking why he had Charlie and they just kind of fizzled out ... and a month later Charlie was gone.......  

That dream scared me so much when I woke up.  It was the fist time and last time my dad came to me in a dream, but is also of so much comfort to me now.  Knowing that my best little bud is with "grandpa".  I knew then that it was like him telling me not to worry....he's in good hands!

So take some comfort in knowing that your dad and Sam are together now!  Life is so unfair at times, but know he's in good hands too.....

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So sorry to hear about Sammy, run free sweet boy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts