Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!! Im living in a rental and whoever painted last did a sloppy job, so now there is paint all over the fixtures and it makes the whole place seem really messy. Do you have any tips about how to tidy it up? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Sounds like something I painted haha I'm a sloppy painter! I now hire out. What type of fixtures? I would think some elbow grease and a s.o.s pad would get it off, but be careful you don't scratch the surface. Being a rental property are the landlords aware of the paint job ?

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
First I would make the landlord aware of it, otherwise you will get blamed in the end when you leave. Tell them you are willing to fix it up some and would like their input on how you should go about it, and if they would mind. Its their property so whatever you do should be approved by them, always take pictures and keep correspondence.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips. All good advice. What is an s.o.s pad?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
an sos pad to my understanding is like a brillo pad, a type of steel wool, but I'd be careful it doesn't scratch something. My guess is you my have to loosen the fixtures to make them more accessible and if it was painted with a water base paint you can probably rub off the old paint with a damp cloth.Kind of hard to know when I don't exactly know what it is and how bad it is. But really talk to the landlord first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts