Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for the perspective Jess, you're absolutely right!

·
Registered
46 Posts
i would take the all if my husband wouldnt ask for a divorce... I already have 6 and one I pulled from a puppy mill and she has health issues with her hips, but wouldn trade her for the world. All i can do is give her love and lots of chicken

·
Registered
535 Posts
So, I've been looking around for places we may be able to go for our next pup and I'm torn between known breeding/health vs. a rescue option. I found a reputable breeder (Bar-K Boxers) endorsed by the Bluegrass Boxer Club. They had a litter on Jan. 5th (Baberini was the dame), pups for companionship (not breeding/show) are $800. I also found a Boxer Rescue in southern IN who just rescued a breeding pair and pups from a puppy-mill situation (dad and pups pictured below). They are so scrawny at 7wks (underfed and under-loved)! I really want to give one of these pups the home he deserves but I'm nervous about potential health issues...what are your thoughts? Thanks guys!
I would vote for giving them both a home....Scrawny is cured with good food and love....

In my experience, there are no guarantees. No matter how much you check, see health records of parents, see the grandparents, etc. Health issues can always pop up....The health checks that are done for Boxers only cover common heart issues; it doesn't guarantee other heart issues will pop up....Cancer, many high quality show dogs with good lineage die of cancer....Skin issues, depends on the dog, the home, the food, etc., lineage is only the start...My vote is since your rescue has pups, your love will make them flourish and grow, take them both :)clap2:)....Whatever decision you make will be the right one for you! Good luck - :clover:

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Kill shelters--->ASPCA--->rescue refuge-->breeders in that particular order :)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts