Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! We just adopted this cute dog from Miami (now she’s in NJ with us), I believe she is a boxer mix? That is what the shelter told us but a dog app scanner said maybe Cane Corso, BullMastiff, and boxer.

Anyways, she is shedding like crazy this past week and I am wondering if this is normal/seasonal shedding? We’ve had her 4 weeks and I don’t remember the first couple weeks it being this bad.

any tips or best tools to use? I bought a furminator for short hair and it’s okay, not sure if I’m just not doing it right. Thank you

·
Registered
507 Posts
She's cute. You said you just moved I know stress and excitement can make them shed some hair but also seasonal shedding time is here. I have used furminater before, I think you have to shampoo it in and let it sit on her for several minutes before rinsing then let her dry and brush her out with a soft brush it should be coming to an end soon.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I use the kong zoom groom. Its basically all rubber, no bristles or teeth. Works great for short hair dogs.

Yes seasonal shedding is here. My neighbor's gsd is losing hair by the pound. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts