Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I’m new to the Forum. My senior girl passed last weekend. We can’t think straight and find all of our days and nights filled with sorrow. I hoping that 5 or 6 or 7 months from now, we will be ready to open our hearts to another rescue. We are in Las Vegas and just slim to no pure Boxer breed rescue/adoption options here that I can find. (We rescued our first when we were in Reno). Hoping someone has suggestions. Thank you!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Well first, I want to say ... "sorry for your loss." And it sound's trite of course ... but the loss will lessen with time. And that work's like this ... first if you are "lucky enough, to have had your Boxer, for many year's?? Then you have already done better than most?? And that is a another story ... I won't go into now. But I am pretty sure, "I hold the record ... for life with Boxer's can "SUCK!!"

Moving on ... right now so soon after your loss. Yes ... her loss breaks your heart. But give it time and you will find that one day the tear's of loss, will be replaced with tears of "Good Memories," of the time you had together! And sure it sound's trite ... but it is a thing.

And this is what my "Struddell," said to me ... "when she dropped by the way side on my long journey thru Life." It maybe helpful to you?? :

Moving on ... "Boxer's," from rescue are, well thankfully ... hard to find?? Most of then in the US seem to be in Texas???

I am in NV Dayton NV sigh 16 miles East of Carson City. And used to work for Boxer's and Buddies based in Virgin City. And many year's ago when I was there they had a lot's of Boxers! And I did help to get one place ... "A Fear of People Boxer??!!" I worked with him for one week and he was gone the next, he got placed??? I never got the chance to tell them ... what I had done and it is "what,' his new owner's "should continue to do!" But he was not returned so I hope it worked out well??

Now that aside ... I am not there anymore as while they still have the same name ... they really don't have any Boxer's anymore and not even "Pit Mixes," or "GSD's?? I'd be thrilled to "foster," either but not what they do these day's so yeah ....

But that stuff said .... if you can't find rescue Boxer's in Las Vegas???Then look to Ca! Here is one ... and you are closer to him then I am. :)

And there is also, Northwest Boxer Rescue | Available Dogs
They are closer to me then they are to you, I believe?? And as you know ... I am kinda close to them then you are?? But what the heck, if I can could help in anyway with some of the transportation part??? You can count me in! I'm willing to meet you half way if necessary. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thank you so very much for all of this terrific information. This is so thoughtful and so much more complete and insightful than I ever imagined might come back as a response. Thank you so very much. Soon as I can get through the days without uncontrollably crying over my sweet Lulu, I will most definitely start looking into your suggestions. Thank you a million times for this and your offer to help with transportation - so above and beyond. Thank you very, very much.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
It does take time to grieve and some of us ... "don't handle it well," the first time?? And well that would be me for one. Layer the loss of your dog on top of something you did?? And it can be very, very bad ....

But that bit aside ... "nothing is worst," then coming home to a completely "pet," empty house?? And if you had two dog's but now have one?? All you see when you see the one, is his missing buddy, so yeah ...

Ah well ... live and learn, hopefully?? At the time ... I did know there was a "Plan B??" To help one cope with loss?? You could ... perhaps, possibly consider "Fostering a Dog???"

Most of the "Boxer's," that actually have dog's are "always," in LA, Ca??? That's just to far away for me! But your closer to LA ... then I am.

You could "Foster or Adopt," him?? And what they say is if you can't get to him?? They have a list of Rescue's, they work with. And if someone want's to take him out ... the "Rescue," can pull him if they have a "Foster Home," for him. And you get the dog from them.
I looked at the list , but I saw nothing close to me?? But it might work for you?? Just a thought. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello - I’m new to the Forum. My senior girl passed last weekend. We can’t think straight and find all of our days and nights filled with sorrow. I hoping that 5 or 6 or 7 months from now, we will be ready to open our hearts to another rescue. We are in Las Vegas and just slim to no pure Boxer breed rescue/adoption options here that I can find. (We rescued our first when we were in Reno). Hoping someone has suggestions. Thank you!
We lost our “grand puppy” baby boy boxer at the age of four in June. Still heartbroken! 😔

·
Registered
211 Posts
OP, I believe that Westside German Shepherd Rescue, in Los Angeles, has transport agreements in place for out-of-state adopters.

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
211 Posts
lol... Brain fart... Wrong forum... Oops...

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
lol... Brain fart... Wrong forum... Oops...
Aw that's OK. The GSD guy's, seem to be better at that kinda stuff?? Germanshepard.com, has a "Pony Express," forum Forum devoted to dog transport from point A to point. B and we do not??

Course ... they "also," have a whole "Forum," devoted to "Aggression Issues," (my stomping grounds) and we do not. So there is that. :)

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
We lost our “grand puppy” baby boy boxer at the age of four in June. Still heartbroken! 😔
Sorry for your loss. Losing them that soon really suck's! Take Care and welcome aboard ... even still. :(

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you! I have recently visited the inventory at LVBR and saw a handful of Boxer mixes. I will keep checking. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
I am so sorry. The pain is so sharp.
Well your site suck's! At least for me?? It won't load anything??? I saw the link on FaceBook??? But I have "Zero," use for FB anymore myself ... a propaganda source for the "Russian's," as far as I am concerned!"

But hey ... if you need a "Foster Home," for a Boxer ... and if the "Carson City Area," is doable?? Let me know. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well your site suck's! At least for me?? It won't load anything??? I saw the link on FaceBook??? But I have "Zero," use for FB anymore myself ... a propaganda source for the "Russian's," as far as I am concerned!"

But hey ... if you need a "Foster Home," for a Boxer ... and if the "Carson City Area," is doable?? Let me know. :)
Totally agree, Chip. I just went to check for full blood Boxer rescues on LVBR and now Adoptable Dogs link won’t load for me either. Sheesh.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Totally agree, Chip. I just went to check for full blood Boxer rescues on LVBR and now Adoptable Dogs link won’t load for me either. Sheesh.
LOL ..well Ok "not just me!!!" I did "whatever and found them on FB! And I saw a "White Boxer!!" I don't know if it needed a "Foster??" But if needed and doable?? I would be available ... all the way to Vegas .. .is to far for me?? But halfway ... I would happily do, for a "Foster!"

But it sound's like they need to get there online crap together???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you so much for the offer. Will let you know if I move ahead and/or need help with this one. Thank you again so much. Laci

1 - 16 of 16 Posts