Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I'm new to the forums and actually, I don't even have a boxer yet. I'm trying very hard to find a responsible breeder in california. I have gone to the different websites like akc.org and the boxer club websites to get referrals.

Seems like a majority of breeders only place their puppies to show homes. It seems so hard to get a pet boxer from these "responsible breeders." None of the breeders have returned any of my emails and I don't want to resort to calling classified ads because so many of those breeders are shady and I definitely don't want to get my puppy at a pet shop either. My wife and I really want a puppy, so i think rescue is out of the question. Any help? Sorry if this topic has been posted elsewhere, I tried to find this topic but I had no success. Thank you everybody.

p.s I forgot to mention that I live in Southern California but I'm willing to drive for the right breeder.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hi there.... I'm from so cal as well.  I, too, found it difficult when I was searching for a boxer puppy out here.  I got a hold of the boxer club of so cal and they were able to get me a list of breeders.  I emailed a lot of them and didn't get responses.  I found that if I called them, they were much more receptive.  Try that route and hopefully that will get you some luck.  I think I still have that list somewhere in my email.  Let me know if you need it.  Good luck...

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome and kudos for doing your research. Off hand I don't know of any breeders, but I'll see what I can find out for you

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Hello and welcome :D Good luck with your search whatever route you choose but wanted to say don't rule out getting a puppy from a rescue. They are not always available but we are currently waiting to be chosen for one of  two 7 week old puppies available here on the east coast. Good luck!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts