Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyas folks! I totally forgot about this site, and that i was a member of it -- name doesn't even match anymore since i reverted back to my maiden name, LOL. Diesel and Lucy have also both passed in the last year, both from cancer -- Lucy in May from a MCT that grew INSIDE, like an iceburg, and blocked her urethral tube, and Diesel in January from brain cancer.

But.... i have their great-nephew, Blue (yes, i know he's red, it's a long story, LOL) who i got last April during the beginning of the pandemic. He just turned a year old, and good lord, he's a moose. I've never even heard of another boxer his size, and he's nowhere near done growing yet.

Current stats: almost 13 months, 27 3/4" at the shoulder, 90lbs. His dam is Diesel and Lucy's niece, so there's a lot of german and italian on that side, but his sire comes from Czech working lines, and just... i think he got all of it from him, LOL.

I started showing him this past weekend -- earned enough points for a title, but he would definitely not do well in an AKC ring. Regardless, he's a glorious goober, and i'm glad I have him. Most difficult puppy i've ever had, by far, but still a good boy.

Anyhoo, just wanted to say hi, and show off the little sh*t!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi! Welcome Back!
He is adorable! I love the big ones, our "Diesel" (weird right?) was right at 90lb (passed from cancer 2 years ago). I'm so sorry you have had to go through losing Diesel and Lucy both in one year.... Man that is terrible beyond words. Blue is amazing! Congrats and welcome back in!
Rick

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
Well welcome back! And he is handsome and 90 lbs, is hugh! I don't get all the "detail's," of the conformation stuff??? What would be the AKC's issue with him???

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well welcome back! And he is handsome and 90 lbs, is hugh! I don't get all the "detail's," of the conformation stuff??? What would be the AKC's issue with him???
He's above standard size for the AKC, which tend to be much smaller, much more "medium" sized dogs. There isn't any height disqualification for size though.

He's also much more European in his build -- heavier bone, bigger head, shorter (though still within standard!) muzzle, stronger front, and weaker rear TBH -- his angulation isn't as pronounced as most american boxers. He still moves beautifully and good enough to catch squirrels (literally. Ew), but overall his structure is definitely much more of the european style than american :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hi! Welcome Back!
He is adorable! I love the big ones, our "Diesel" (weird right?) was right at 90lb (passed from cancer 2 years ago). I'm so sorry you have had to go through losing Diesel and Lucy both in one year.... Man that is terrible beyond words. Blue is amazing! Congrats and welcome back in!
Rick
They're all fun, but the big pups, since they're still so goofy, just make me laugh seeing them try to do the same antics.

And yeah, i definitely do not recommend that experience of loss. It was a rough year (also lost my 17 year old cat, my grandfather, and broke up with my long term partner, LOL).

I am very sorry for your loss, too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts