Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all-
happy and healthy new years wishes to all.
question, my happiness has right side heart failure.  His meds are wonderful!  However, the meds do not help a side effect of the right side failure... my dude is always hungry.  His body is not absorbing nutrients.  His favorite new location is camping out in front of his treat drawer.  Has anyone's boxer experienced this constant hunger?  our vet suggested omega-3...but with a boxer's sensitive stomach...we ended up with diarrhea! Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I'm sorry about your boy... I wish I could be of some help... but I can't. Mine always acts like he's hungry but he's just crazy...

I hope someone on the forum can help you though!

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
There are several med's that make them eat and drink more as a side effect :)  But, The Omega is a good idea...how long did you try it?  I know when I started Fiona on it she had an upset stomach for about three days and then it was gone.  Nothing major just some soft stool.....It was in DermCaps that was actually for her skin though, instead of just Omega. I am with everyone else though because either way Fiona will eat all the time if I let her :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So sorry to hear about your boy.  Kiah is like the others, she acts like she is starving all the time.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your pup...Bo acts starved 24/7...Jetta we have to beg her to eat...

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Can't really add anything to what has already been said.  My two always act like they are starving too - but I hope the meds work for him and that he continues to be with you.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Mine always act like they are refugees from a third world country regarding food, so that's pretty normal..Hoping the meds help and your baby starts feeling better..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know...boxers or dogs in general and hunger...a common occurrence.  we're day by day right now.  feels like my heart has a hole.  i can't believe this is happening to my sweat love.  he now gets all the treats and meals he wants.  spoiling him even more normal.  hoping for a miracle.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Thanks for checking in, give that sweetheart a big hug for me, will you? Keeping him in my prayers

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
i hope you get your miracle, keeping you both in my thoughts, sloppy boxer kisses from sumya.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Our Berkeley was always hungry and thirsty.  She would drink continually if you let her.  We didn't know what was causing it.  She would also eat anything and always wanted to eat more than usual.    We lost her due to heart failure, we had no idea that she had some symptoms we could have watched for.  She just fell over one day while out running.  I sure wish we would have known and could have helped her with medicine.

We gave the Omega to two of our babies Berk was one of them and they never had any trouble but we did always give it right after a meal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts