Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dan~~~

How'd it go?  Did you have fun?  Did he do well?

Just checking on ya after our chat from yesterday...

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
It went quite well.  Kind of what I expected for the first day.  
She showed us the different collar and lead types and how to properly put the collar on and hold the lead.  Also telling us to be consistent, don't repeat commands and praise according to your dog's behavior.

Commands gone over:
Sit, Stand, No pull and releasing from sit and other static commands.

Ringer was really well behaved.  He nipped a couple times when I had him down and the dogs on either side of him kept coming at him.  I wasn't prepared to correct it the first time but after the correction on the second attempt, he never nipped again.

I told her I was considering a gentle leader or similar and she kind of looked at me funny and said Ringer was too well behaved to need anything like that.  A little more work and he shouldn't be pulling anymore.

She also uses the same vet and told me to drop her name next time I was there and I could pretty much guarantee excellent service.

By the by, there was another neutered male boxer there, nine months,  and Ringer got to play a bit during a potty break.  He had tons of fun and some of the other owners were looking at us like our dogs were trying to kill each other. Ringer owned him, by the way, but it never got too rough.

I'm happy and looking forward to next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
woo hoo!!! Glad it went well and Ringer had a play buddy as well...Yea, people that are not around boxers do think they are a bit rough and think they are getting ready to kill....We all know better tho....Sounds like a good trainer too...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fabulous!!!!  I'm so glad he did well and had fun!!!!  Did you talk to your trainer about all the stuff you want/are considering doing?  

Keep us posted!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts