Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bella has been dealing with Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Cardiomyopathy (ARVC) for about a year now. We have been in the hospital due to episodes a couple times and we were always thankful to bring her back home. This time we were not so lucky.

We came home from work and found my 9 1/2 year old baby girl not moving on the kitchen floor last week. The look she gave me i knew it was time. Her heart wasn't pumping enough blood and when we got to the hospital the vet told us there was nothing they could do. We made the difficult decision to end her suffering. I am truly thankful I was able to hold her while she left this earth.

My feelings are so mixed. Sometimes I wake up and i just cry and other times i am so angry that she isn't here anymore. I truly feel like i lost one of my children.

Bella was the most loyal and loving dogs. She was the best big sister to our 2 sons. I still think I hear her walking around the house or snoring on the couch. This week has been a hard adjustment. I am blessed that i have kids to distract me, but when they are at school I feel like im walking around in a daze.

I read all these poems from the Rainbow Bridge and they dont seem to help. They just make me more sad.

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
I know you might feel bitter or mad.Cheated and sorry,but we all know this day is coming,and were never prepared. Who would be? to let go of a precious loved one?
She gave all, you bought some extra time and time ran out. It does for everyone. Feel proud and strong that you were one of the lucky humans that known the love of a Boxer.

Be Well
Joseph

·
Super Moderator
13,468 Posts
I'm so sorry about Bella, but so happy you were able to be with her in her last moments. The greatest gift of all is to let them go at the right time even though we are left behind to mourn.
<<Hugs>> to you

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. I knew a friend whose pug had the same problem. Dealing with Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Cardiomyopathy is not easy and for sure you have done your best keeping it and taking care of it for that one year. I know you feel sad at this moment but be grateful for the memories and good times you shared. Keep memorials it helps to remember those that have passed to the rainbow bridge. If there was any other way, you would have gone for it but there isn't. :pray: for you.

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
She sure was a looker...run free girl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts