Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
So sorry to hear about Bruno those heart things are very tricky I guess unless you are getting echo cardiograms all the time it would be hard to know they have one of those? I am very touchy on the heart thing now having lost two to DCM. Unfortunately even if the heart tumor had been diagnosed there probably was no treatment for it. I am sure Zuke will miss his buddy tell him we are sorry. I know when my female passed first from the DCM my male took it very hard he was very depressed he loved her so much so I just spent extra time with him it took him awhile but he started to feel more cheerful then he got it too! It was a bad time for sure.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So sorry to hear about Bruno those heart things are very tricky I guess unless you are getting echo cardiograms all the time it would be hard to know they have one of those? I am very touchy on the heart thing now having lost two to DCM. Unfortunately even if the heart tumor had been diagnosed there probably was no treatment for it. I am sure Zuke will miss his buddy tell him we are sorry. I know when my female passed first from the DCM my male took it very hard he was very depressed he loved her so much so I just spent extra time with him it took him awhile but he started to feel more cheerful then he got it too! It was a bad time for sure.
Yeah, no treatment for that. At least it was quick. Also having the reverse brindle pup Lacey makes it a little easier for them and Zuke. He still has someone to go see and play with on our bike ride. Even though Zuke out weighs her by 60 lbs she has no quit in her. lol

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Eight??? Well that sucks, although it is always gonna suck no matter when we lose them but still ...

Extend our sympathies, to Lacy and her owner. It looks like that would have been a fun pack! And yep (most of the time) the females look extremely little-full , next to there male counter parts but what they tend to lack in size they make with "Energy!"

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sad week as Zukes best bud Bruno passed pretty suddenly at the age of 8. Turned out he had a heart tumor but never showed any symptoms until right at the end.

Sad for sure. Hugs to Zuke and Lacey- and an extra treat or two. I can't imagine the shock the owners must be going through. It's good he didn't suffer. They looked like a happy bunch of boxers.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I will relay your thoughts.

They really were great together. Bruno and Lacey would wait for us by the fence until we pulled up on the bike everyday around 10:00. When they were playing Lacey would hide under Bruno and smack Zuke in the face. lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sorry about Bruno. The only thing is time heals wounds you will not forget but you will learn to adapt with it.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:ROTFLMAO:

What a sweet big brother....and sounds like he was teaching her well.....boxers are the best.
Strange too, but Zuke is a silent player. Never makes noise, but now when he plays with the pup Lacey he doesn't shut up. lol Would love to know why. Its not barking, like a high pitched talking mixed with a playful growling.

I wonder if it could be his way of releasing excess energy cause he knows he can't play with the pup like he does the adult dogs.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I think they do "talk" to each other when playing my dogs do it all the time its very funny to watch they make a lot of noise! Maybe Zuke is telling her he is her new best friend and its going to be OK.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think they do "talk" to each other when playing my dogs do it all the time its very funny to watch they make a lot of noise! Maybe Zuke is telling her he is her new best friend and its going to be OK.
Lol its possible. Its the only time he has ever done it though. He plays with a bunch of adult dogs and never a peep though. Never made a sound with Bruno either and Bruno was a big time talker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts