Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well, we went on another beach finding mission! We decided last weekend to just take off and go away for a few days We drove down to Wilmington NC, and stayed at a cute little B&B that was pet friendly! Our dogs did really well, they whined a bit when we were at breakfast, but were great other than that.....We even found a dog park and met like four other boxers:) We went to a petstore called Dog Gone Crazy while we were there and met a bulldog, Baxter loved him!

Baxter decided he wanted to look out  of the sunroof, rather than his window!

The water was soooo cold!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
How fun, a beach finding mission...Sounds like you all had a great time..Great pics

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can you tell me what  B and B you stayed in, my mom just moved to wilmington, and we could stay with her, i thought it might be fun for just me and hubby to stay somewhere else and let the kids stay with mom............i would love to move there someday myself........

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
sounds like you had a great time! good idea for a weekend trip....I think it would take me a whole weekend to make it anywhere decently warm enough and without snow/ice to enjoy a weekend like yours!!

G

·
0 Posts
yeah, could you give the name of the B&B? Mike's uncle is from North Carolina and I would love to someday treat Mike to a little vacation down there...it's always nice to know where my pups can go, lol

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I've been to Wilmington once before.  That was about 7 years ago, and all we did was drink and swim.  Has the area look developed?  We stayed at a hotel right on the beach and you had to drive back into town to do anything really.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Great pics! makes me so jealous..What I wouldn't do to live near or somewhat near a beach! Baxter looking out the sunroof is too cute  :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Great pictues, looks like it was a lot of fun.  Pet friendly B&B sounds so good right now.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The town of Wilmington was very nice, apparently they film "One Tree Hill" there....There are a couple scenes painted on buildings and I guess if you spent time there, you could actually see the cast too. I personally have never watched it, but its a big claim to fame for them!

http://www.camelliacottage.net/

Above is the link for the B&B...it was FANTASTIC!!!! The people were great, they have a dog, Sparky. He is very laid back and loves people and didn't mind crazy Baxter!!!! It was an extra $15 per dog, but they left us dog treats and a little bar of doggy soap(it smells really good, i might actually try it). They even left us a dog living magazine and a list of dog friendly restaurants. The beach was about 15 minutes away but it wasn't a bad drive at all...I recommend it to anyone looking for a quick trip away! We actually talked about going back and spending a few more days(when it is a bit warmer), but it was a six hour drive....so we will see if that actually happens!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Love the pics! They look like they had fun... and so do you guys!

There's beach EVERY WHERE HERE... unfortunately only one small strip of it is dog friendly... :cry:  :cry:

I love B&B's definitely post the name, we have friends there also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts