Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me what the attraction to rocks is???? Chance is CRAZY about rocks. I am not sure where he even finds them. He finds big rocks and throws them in the air then chases them all around. Quite funny to watch but i worry about his teeth. I get them from him as soon as i see him with them. Does anyone have problems with boxers and rocks?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
OMG Roxy actually became quite obssessed with Rocks at one point!! I had to stop her from playing with them because shed actually let out a growl when I walked near her! Now she knows that she cant play with them but ocassionally shell get one and play for a bit! I worry about her teeth too thats part of the reason why I stopped her! Also some rocks can be swallowed! In my opinion I wouldnt let him play with them like you are doing!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
ROTFLMAO, Well it could be worse I suppose Tami...Our Hickory tree is dropping nuts and Angel grabs one and slings it around the yard..Thinks it's a new toy...I don't think it will hurt him, but yea, I'd take them away when you can...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he acts so queer when he gets ahold of one....ROFLMAO......he will woooo woooo at it and pounces on it. Very funny. I will try to get video of it next time cuz y'all will crack up

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
It is funny to watch but be REALLY careful with that.  They can swallow them before you know it and generally rocks will not pass they will stay within the stomach.....I would discourage him from it!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ours want nothing to do with them....we actually have them for our landscape.  There is NO nutritional value in them so our babies don't go near them!  8O

·
Registered
405 Posts
That is Abby with a new cheap plastic frisbee, she pouces and barks and go batty, etc. I buy the 99 cent ones now and then but I do take away pieces as they get small enough that she may soon swallow them...so do keep your eye on him!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I can't begin to count how many rocks I've pulled out of Lola's mouth.  She's gotten better, but when she was little...they were her favorite food & toy!  Thank goodness she never swallowed one!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dogs like pet rocks too! I'm allways pulling something out of tysons mouth.. Toilet paper.. rock.. shoe..cardboard...wood..there is nothing he wont put in his mouth.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Just the other night, Tink had gotten into something, and i could hear her. Then she walked into my room like she was so innocent, except the LONG string coming out of her mouth.. Not so stealth. Leaves are a big thing with my dogs too.

·
Registered
905 Posts
It's clothes pegs with my Tink.  God only knows how many of those she's killed in her 17 months on this earth - well over a hundred, I'd say.  She must have a secret stash of them somewhere, because I have no idea where she's getting them from...

Hector, on the other hand, has a major bra fetish.  He has eaten 6 of my bras so far and they were all nice La Senza ones too, grrr  :evil:

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Yes, Henry does it too! :lol:
We've got a weird drainage area between the house and garage and there are rocks there.  Not small enough to swallow, just about the size of my hand, and he loves those stupid things! :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts