Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There, our pup Maya started with a spot on her back a few weeks ago, which has gotten bigger and started to loose the hair on the spot. The spot looks like ringworm, but vet confirmed it's not. We took her to the Vet last week who took a blood sample and didn't see any cancer cells and just suggested we keep an eye on it and wash it with an antiseptic liquid and give her alergex. She has since had a few new spots that have started and are also getting bigger. We called the vet again today as we were concerned and he suggested a biopsy. She unfortunately has got a history of stomach issues and has already had a biopsy earlier in the year where she was diagnosed with IBD. They found some bacteria that could be cancerous, and immediately put her on antibiotics (metronidazole) which has given us great results, which is why we're apprehensive to just keep giving her meds. Has anyone else had the same or similar spots on their boxers? I've attached pictures to give an idea of what it looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Metroidenozole is great for stopping diahrea but never have heard of it as a cancer treatment? Is this a young dog? The big round patch looks like a histiocytoma they are caused by allergies and are not cancer. I think you should probably consult another Vet something doesn’t sound right here. Ringworm glows bright green when you shine a black fluorescent light on the skin and coat. I am always wary of Vets who are determined to find cancer anytime a Boxer comes thru the door. Skin things on these dogs should always be investigated though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts