Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just had to post about my Boxer, Rowdy. I've gotten some wonderful advice on this forum about him, so I wanted to share how he currently is doing. For a brief background, we got Rowdy when he was 2 days old. We have bottle fed him since and have had to play mom to him in many ways. Well, he turned 6 weeks on Saturday and got his first shots. The vet also told us we could introduce him to the pack we already have; we just have to make sure he is only around dogs that have a clean health history. Anyway, he is playing with his 50 pound brother and our neighbor's 60 pound lab puppy and loves it. He is in no way fearful of these dogs and his tail was the entire time; their tales do too, and its very interesting to watch them play easier with Rowdy. They are careful with him, but let him jump all over them.

I've gotten tremendous support from several people and want to say how much I appreciate it. I never knew a being this small could win me over the he has, but as he lays next to me on the couch cuddled up and sleeping (he is very tired from his afternoon of play), I realize how special these guys are. I am glad to have found this forum, and I plan on posting more and participating more now that we aren't feeding Rowdy every 2 hours.

Thanks to everyone.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Wow, what an undertaking. It's wonderful he has you to care for him in every way and have dogs to teach him about being canine! He's a lucky little puppy. I love this site too. I've learned a lot and laughed and cried.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Oh I am so glad to hear that he is doing that well, can't wait for you to post some pictures.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Aaawww, now that just made my day :) I am so glad to hear that Rowdy is doing well...You took on a huge task and it sounds like things are getting a lot better...Definitely need to see pics of this sweetheart

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Oh yes, we need pics  :lol: You should be really proud, what an amazing thing you've accomplished !!!! Lots of hard work in your past 6 weeks :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Ohmygoodness! What a wonderful thing you have done! Do you have pictures from day two til now? We'd love to see how he has progressed!  :D

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Wow, thats great, sounds like you have done wonders for the little guy. He sounds too cute!! :D
Congrats :D

Did anyone mention that we need pics :lol:  :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts