Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my 5mnth Roxie spayed and she's pittiful. She hasn't eaten since she's been home yesterday and she barely drank any water. Is this normal or should I worry?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Re: Roxie wont eat or drink after being spayed, is this norm

She is bound to be off for a while. A day or two. The water you might try some sodium free chix broth to get some fluid into her. This might even stimulate her hunger a bit.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts

She should be fine in a few days. just give her some time. If you are truely concerned i would contact the vet who spayed her and see if that person can give any additional advice. You can always give chicken broth or boiled chicken and rice to peak her appetite and then switch back to kibble once she is eating again.

G

·
0 Posts

When we got our kitten spayed, they said she wouldn't eat for a few days and that would be normal...the kitten ate within minutes of taking her home...but she is a pig...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks alot for your replies I appreciate it. I just hate seeing my baby like this thats all I guess. :cry:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts

She should be back to her old self by day 3.....It is the med's that are still in her system. She will just want to lay around and rest and that is what she needs to do anyway.  Fiona did not eat for 2 days and then boom she was her normal crazy self again.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts