Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roxy has had very loose stools for the past 2 days.  I'm a little worried...could it be from the sudden heat wave.  She is due for a stool sample in less than 2 weeks.  Does she just have a sensitive digestive sysytem or could she have some type of parasites/worms?  Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
It could be a number of things.  You would really need to get a fecal test done to find out if it is any of those things you questioned.  I hope Roxy is feeling better.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
There are just so many things that could cause her to have loose stools. If it continues more than a couple days tho, then it's time to check with your vet..She could have gotten a hold of something that didn't agree with her tummy, there is just no telling...A lot of exercise, especially in this heat does cause my 2 to have loose stools, but it goes away very quickly...Have you added anything new to her diet? Angel has a very delicate digestive system and fo rthat reason I am very careful about what she eats...I would still at the least call your vet and see what they say...Hope she gets to feeling better....

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I agree with everyone else here.  Check with your vet!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
508 Posts
I agree as well check with the vet to see what they have to say. It could be a number of things.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
It can be a change in diet...always safest to check with the vet...even if it's just a phonecall...

Also, did you know that canned Pumpkin(NOT pie filling, 100% pure pumpkin) will stop doggie diahrreah AND constipation very quickly...it worked wonders when Mic and INdy were struggling with the diet change when they first came home. (we were not satisfied with the food they were on at all!)

Hope she gets to feeling better soon!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sorry, I haven't checked this post in a while...a little update; we took Roxy to the vet after 3 days of the runs along with a stool sample.  She had a chek up and was given a prescription for Metrazinole.  After the results of the fecal sample came back we found out she had Giardia and was given a prescription of Panacur.  She is doing much better and her stools are nice and firm and she is currently at the vet getting spayed and some other vaccinations.  We pick her up tonight at 4:00.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts