Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Royce is 6mths old, and has started to show some signs of agression towards small kids (todler stages), he growls at them and he's fur sticks up like he's on gard. The other day we were walking and someone hade these little garden statues that resembled small children and he got all on gard, growling and wanted to go towards them.
He's also like that towards certain adults, but if the adult stays and shows him he's not scared (gets down to his level) gradualy Royce will stop growling and start licking the persons hand.
Alhough when it comes to kids i rather not take that chance...
What is causing this agression we didn't raise him to be mean?
what could i do to ensure he's nice with kids without having to avoid them all together?

thanks
Soph

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Have the kids play a game with him and treat him.  Aslo, you should socialize him around children more.

Any more questions or specifics...feel free to ask.

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
This dog is probably not aggressive, merely unsure of himself. First thing remember that one should never, ever punish a dog for growling.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i would also suggest have small children play around him and with him, give him treats, maybe play a game in the back yard since that is nuetral grounds insteadof in his home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts