Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I am not an expert but I would check with the obedience classes in the area and see if you can get her in one that has some small dogs in it.  IMO obedience classes also give dogs a lot more confidence in themselves.

G

·
0 Posts
I totally hear you on this one.  My father-in-law and his wife have 2 chihuahuas, one is sweet the other is a spaz.  you can't even touch him without him growling at you.  when you leave he attacks your feet and the door.  so annoying.

i don't think people are aware how much effort goes into training a little dog.  i think sometimes its harder with aggression issues because they have "little dog syndrom"    :)

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
[quote="bingasmom\";p=\"128050":2eroi8re]I totally hear you on this one.

·
Registered
80 Posts
yea just happened to me yesterday. I was walking Tito yesterday and a lady with her cocker spaniel are walking towards me. She asks if Tito is friendly (of course what boxer isn't). Tito and the Cocker approach each other and Tito gives out his paw to play and the thing just lunged at him. The lady was like Cookie NO, stop Cookie, pulls him back and gave him a little smack, then she's like oh I've never seen him do this, he never like this blah blah blah. And she's asking me if Tito was friendly...

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
jay23\";p=\"128072 said:
yea just happened to me yesterday. I was walking Tito yesterday and a lady with her cocker spaniel are walking towards me. She asks if Tito is friendly (of course what boxer isn't). Tito and the Cocker approach each other and Tito gives out his paw to play and the thing just lunged at him. The lady was like Cookie NO, stop Cookie, pulls him back and gave him a little smack, then she's like oh I've never seen him do this, he never like this blah blah blah. And she's asking me if Tito was friendly...
:lol:  i love the way its ALWAYS the first time. .. Cookie would have been renamed crumbs if it was Zulu she lunged at 8O  :lol:

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Ohhhh....I agree totally with this ... we went to my mom's friends house in Crystal Beach, Ontario ... like a 3 hour drive from me.  Her friend's whole family was there and they wanted us to bring Tango, so we did.  Well, little did we know that the family was bringing two little dogs with them who HATED other dogs!!!!!!!!!!!  Nice!  So it was too wet and cold to put Tango outside.  I couldn't bring him back home because of the drive.  So what happens ... I have to sit there allllllllllllll afternoon holding Tango on a leash.  How fair is that to either him or me.  I told my mother, never again!  They wanted Tango to come up, they should have put their two little ones in a room so that Tango could have a chance to run around....or not bring them at all.....or tell us so that we didn't bring Tango!  It was like it was all his fault when these two went mental on him.  I was so mad!  And on top of that, he got scratched by the cat too.   :?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Where was the owner of this rug rat? That's the place to start. I am assuming this dog was running free? If you are in the city limits, there are leash laws, file a complaint...I get soo tired of small dogs harrassing others, I don't hesitate to take steps to stop it...I had a pack of them that used to harrass me and I got to the point I carried a walking cane and I was prepared to beat the crap out of them if they wouldn't back off....Sorry if that seems kinda strong, but if you are not going to take the responsibility of your pets, the you shouldn' thave them

G

·
0 Posts
just want to say don't put totall blame on the owners as sometimes the owners tryed to socialize there little dogs but it still didn't work out, I'n one. I own a 1.5 year old will be 2 in june male chihuahua  named Rascal. I got Rascal when he was 12 weeks old so by 13 weeks old i was taken him out and about, I took him to meet a placid whippet i did not baby Rascal at all i didn't pick him up nothing, Rascal was doing alot of runing around my legs begging to be picked up . I took him to meet this placid whippet everyday and everytime we went there the worse Rascal got, Rascal would mainly run/bark and try to hide behind me. No matter what i did Rascal still wouldn't go near this dog or even tempt to sniff him. Now at 1.5 years his a little better will actually go up to another dog and sniff it but still barks. I tryed to socialize Rascal but it didn't seem to work out to well. His just satrted to accept other dogs but still barks at them, Theres one dog he specially hates and thats our neighbours dog a golden retriever, These neighbours don't have a fence on one side so the dog gets to roam free. This dog has attacked my golden retriever and my 15 week old cavalier king charles spaniel. Rascal was with me and Bomber the pup when this dog came runing and attacked Bomber, When this happened Rascal went to attack the big dog but when i said No Rascal he left it alone. Since then Rascal now shows his bristles and barks at this dog, I hope it hasn't set him back in the progress his made with other dogs. My point is sometimes no matter how hard we try to socialize our dogs in the end its up to the dog if it will play or accept another dog.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
samsonsmom\";p=\"128255 said:
I get soo tired of small dogs harrassing others, I don't hesitate to take steps to stop it...I had a pack of them that used to harrass me and I got to the point I carried a walking cane and I was prepared to beat the crap out of them if they wouldn't back off....

LMAO-   :axe:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts