Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Kane the rubber chicken last night and OMG he won't put it down.  He carries it everywhere.  Doesn't chew it, but when it squeaks, which is all the time, he wimpers and hoards it.  He even had to take it to bed with him.  I put the toys up every night and he went and got it out of the basket 5 times, I finally gave up and let him keep it.  He's is curled around it and is worrying over it like it's a wounded bird.  It's the funniest thing I have ever seen.  I can't figure out what the attraction is.  He's not playing with it, just mothering it.  He won't let Sophie near it and I laughed so hard I could have cried.  Anyone else have this reaction or is he just nuts!

·
Registered
343 Posts
ROFL I just bought one last week, and they fought over it all day yesterday, i must of heard that thing squeak 10 thousand times yesterday, Hubby got sick of it around 1am last night so he took it away and threw it outside LMAO! it was so damn funny

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I saw it at PetsMart last weekend and had it in the basket until my husband looked at me and said "another squeak toy"....so I put it back.  Then ended up grabbing a BOBO at the check out which has a low duck squeak and a high one in it  :D   I may have to go back for the Chicken!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Odin loves the rubber chicken, but he tears through them (and all toys) pretty quick now...

Still... the rubber chicken is a classic, and Odin loves them.  Go to Petsmart and get one!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I have heard so much about this rubber chicken...I'm gonna check our Petsmart today and see if I can get one.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Might have to get one (or two) for our babies.  We have to buy two of everything or they just fight over it.  

Teaki did the same thing with hoarding her squeaky toys when she was younger, she woudn't go to sleep at night unless she had all the squeaky toys in her bed with her, she mothered them too!  Was so funny!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Odin was pretty obsessed with it for the first couple of weeks we got the thing, that's why we had to tell every one about it! It was THE ONLY toy he'd play with... LIKE FOREVER! Even over BoBo and HE LOVED BOBO!

I have no clue what the fascination is with the Rubber Chicken but THEY figured something out right! I know one reason Odin loves it... cuz' it squeaks SOOOO EASILY... He just lightly grabs it and it's making all kinds of noises!

It's the best toy ever... especially for its price!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
They were out when I went to get food, they only had really small ones.  I am going to check the other two places to see if they have them.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh man, I have got to get one of those! Lol, Marq is going to kill me..Every toy I got has a squeaker in it except for the big tire and the rubber ball...Angel tried to bring the crab to bed, it was driving Marq nutz, so he hid it under the covers..When i got up this morning I found that she had gotten out one of the Wubbas and had slept with that.....Kane looks like he is thoroughly enjoying his chicken...He's such a handsome boy

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's 10:00 pm and Kane still won't put down the chicken.  lol  He just keeps carrying it around (does he think he's a lab).  When I fed him tonight he buried it under the pillows on my bed and so Sophie couldn't find it and squeak it lol.  Everytime he hears it squeak, he starts to whimper, run and picks it up and then just walks around with it in his mouth.  I am going to be needing a pet shrink next.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
LOL Sounds like it! LOL

Odin loved his chicken but not that much!! LOL THOUGH he didn't have anybody to hide it from. He sounds so sweet and cute... you must be smiling NON-STOP!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah gets that way with some of her new toys.  I have to put them up or she would never even go to sleep at night.  When we got up this am, she goes to the counter where the wubba was and sits and stares at it, then me.  So here we go again  :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts