Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruby had a Vet check this morning and at almost 4mos old, she weighs 30lbs!  She's doing very well with the housetraining...no accidents in quite some time...so long, I've lost track!  She got her last shots and is good until next year, so that's good.  She will be going back the end of November to be spayed.  The surgeon at our office told me she will have to spend the night, but are usually released the next morning as long as everything goes well.  The one thing I forgot to ask was cost...anyone know what spaying costs typically are?   I guess that's all for now.  Ruby is sleeping soundly at my feet.  Poor girl is just tuckered out!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I am glad Ruby is doing so well. About the cost of spay, it all depends on the are you live as to how much it cost. In order for me to get my girl savannah i had to pay for the cost of her spay and it was around 150 but i have seen the cost in our are go up to around 300. I am in Fort Worth,TX so since you are in pennsylvania it could be different

·
Registered
405 Posts
Check Friends of Animals to see if there are any local particpating vets by entering your zip code in the box on the right.  You pay $90 for a spay certificate (at least, it was $90 when we did it for Abby in January) and you bring that to the participating vet.  It doesn't cover pain meds, but that was only an additional $10 I think.

Here is the website:
http://friendsofanimals.org/

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
She is very pretty....Her and Fiona are about the same size.  Here a spay for her would cost $150.00....You can check about Friends of Animals as suggested..... my office participates with them and here they base the cost of spay on income so the amount is different for everyone...We had one today that they covered all but $20.  So it is worth checking into if they have a supporting vet you would like to use.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Happy to hear that Ruby got a clean bill of health at the vet's office!  :D  I think the price for a spay varies depending on where you are.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So glad to hear Ruby did well, she sure looks good in the picture.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Friends of Animals is a wondeful organization!  I've purchased a neutering certificate from them and donated it in the past to a rescue.

I am going to get our puppy's neutering done through a vet who accepts the certificates.

·
Registered
352 Posts
in DC we looked into having our vet do the spay instead of the shelter (which was included in the adoption fees).  they quoted us "beginning at $300".  we decided that since we already had it covered thru the shelter, we'd just stick to that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts