Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruby had her first visit with our Vet this morning and she's doing well.  Weighed in at 21lbs 3oz!  Holy smokes!  She's just 11 wks old!  She had a shot and she's sleeping peacefully at my feet as I type.  The office gave me her 1st heartworm tab for free and they sold me just one dose of flea control because her weight will be changing so much in the next month...it would be silly to buy a 3m treatment pack.  I asked about spaying and they won't do the surgery until she is 6 months old.  I actually scheduled Ruby's next check-up with the surgeon so I can talk to her about spaying.  So, all in all, a good appointment.  The Vet did recommend I feed Ruby three times a day still and only about 1/3 of a cup at each feeding.  I was doing two- 1 cup meals because I thought that was enough.  Guess I'll have to read up on that.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yay! How much you feed will depend on what food you feed. The better the quality, the less food will be needed, so go by the directions on the food you use.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
She is so sweet, so glad she is healthy.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yea for Ruby! Glad she got a good report from the vet....At her age I think it's better to feed 3 times a day, they burn off an enormous amount of energy(when they aren't sleeping).... :lol:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
She's soooooooooooo cute!  What a little doll lol.  Glad she's healthy and she sure looks happy.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Way to go Ruby!! I just really noticed the size of her paws and legs. It looks like you are going to have a big girl! Could be just the angle of the picture too!  :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts