Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very sad right now and will be for some time, as do Layla;

I had to hold Marshall`s paw and guide him to the rainbow bridge tonight.

Marshall was in bad shape and after several tests and a radio, we found out that he had several bladder stones and it was inoperable; 1 giant one was literally lodged in the wrong place and he couldnt go anymore :(

The vet showed me the radio, it was a mechanical blockage and besides being a very expensive operation (he quoted me $6k) the fact that its Easter time they just couldnt operate on him anyways. I cant afford the $6k anyways.

And that operation wouldnt have gotten rid of the 9 other big ones and several tiny ones in his bladder anyways.

In retrospective, that was the source of his frequent refusal to eat (he had a few since I got him) and only got better after passing a stone. The vet told me it was an old problem with poor Marshall.

Now he is under Valant`s wings,he`s in good paws.

I will miss that mug. Our time was short but it was memorable my buddy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So sorry to see this. I remember Marshall and Layla waited a long time for the right person to adopt them. I couldn’t take 2 but you took them both the week before I rescued my Leo. You gave them a wonderful home, I am sending hugs to both you and Layla.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
He's not posted in a awhile??? I'm wondering if everything is OK??? It's really, really hard to lose one of our fur babies! But we have to gone on, that's just the way is. We are here to help ... you don't have to go thru this alone.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nah, still here.

Yeah, I just rescued them 1.5 yrs ago.

But they were seniors already, I was blessed with Valant but the typical max age for a boxer remains at 10-12 at best and Marshall was turning 10 this June.

I know full well what I'm getting into strictly and exclusively rescuing seniors boxers and that is why I try to feed them the best I can and give them lotsa love and playtime. That is all they crave anyways isnt it.

Now Layla is turning 9 and yeah...she is not in perfect health either but were looking into it. She has the spirit of a lion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts