Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the thoughtful and much appreciated comments in my "Some help for Rupert" thread, I thought I would introduce some of you to our special son. As I work on the net I needed something to help me cope in my own way with his loss, so I started to build a site in his memory. If the admins of this forum don't mind I would like to share that link so we can share our baby with you all.

Rupert was our child, he was the centre of our lives, and very much a boxer through and through. What every mischief he could get up to, he would. And with style! Beneath it all was an endless reserve of unconditional love, especially for his mom who he worshipped. It's very hard to write about my boy just now, and I know this is a poor description of such an amazing, if short, life. I hope we can share much more through his site over time.

Ruperts energy was matched only by his love of over-eating and sleeping. His drive to give love cannot be pointed out any clearer than, when waiting on the table to be put to sleep, his heart failing, and his lungs filling with fluid, that when he saw us next to him he pulled his head from the oxygen hood, wagged his stubby little tail at hyperspeed and tried to climb off the table as if to come home. The last thing he knew was his mom and dad kissing him and telling him how wonderful he is. And he loved it. He then went to sleep and our hearts broke.

We love you so much Rupert and this home is so empty without you.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Re: Rupert

Very nice. I am sure he misses and loves you both just as much.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
What a nice memorial to your beloved boy.  I'm so sorry for your loss and know that he is now pain free and waiting at the bridge.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We are so sorry for your loss and know how your heart must be breaking.  We have so few years with our beloved "childred" and we need to cherish every precious one of them.  Our hearts go out to you....

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Oh wow, that was hard to read. I can not imagine how you are feeling right now. Rupert is a beautiful boy, he was so lucky to have such a loving family even if his life was short, it was filled with joy. I am so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Have thought of you many times in the past couple days, always brings tears to my eyes.  Our time with them is always too short.Then I saw his pic of  his happy face and it brought a smile to mine :D Looking forward to many more stories and pics of your beloved boy.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
That was a lovely tribute to a very amazing Boxer...We are truly blessed when we are owned by one of these creatures....They change our lives in ways we cannot begin to imagine....Thank you for sharing that with us....Rupert was a handsome guy.....

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Your memories brought me to tears and my heart breaks for you. Rupert was a handsome boy, and I am sure he is running, playing, and boxing pain free once again at the bridge.
Run free sweet Rupert...

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I'm soo sorry for your loss. I couldn't read that without tearing up. I could only imagine how you must feel right now. Rupert was such a handsome boy!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Your tribute brought tears to my eyes.  We lost two of our babies within three months of each other so I know how hard it is to fill the void they leave.  What a wonderful boy your Rupert was.  He was a very handsome boy.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Poor Rupert and poor you.  Do you have a link to your site?   I see you've edited your post twice, so hopefully no-one made you remove the link, but if so, can you PM it to me?  I'd love to see more of Rupert.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So sorry for your loss.  What a wonderful tribute to Rupert, your words express so well how much he was loved and how much he will be missed.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss.  Your story brought tears to my eyes.  Rupert was a handsome boy, and sounds like a wonderful friend.  He'll live on in your stories and memories.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I am sorry for your loss...I  give a lot of credit to those who have the compassion to put their beloved pet to sleep when it is what is best for them. I dread the day....i was extremely lucky with my last love in that she was in no pain while ill and we were told that we could just let her go when she wanted too...she died peacefully laying in the sunshine outside.  I wish this could be the case with all pets and I honor you for helping your boy through the process.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
man that was  a hard one to read . I am so sorry for the loss of rupert. I know it is very hard to give up the one thing you love the most. My thoughts go to you and your husband.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.  Rupert will be in your hearts and memories forever.  He was a very handsome boy.  My thoughts are with you and your family.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts