Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Sad Day

3K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  shell16 
#1 ·
hello fellow boxer lovers. I regret to say that someone has stolen my precious baby chloe. I came home from the store today to find her gone from my back yard. There are no hole in the fence to allow her escape. She simply was gone. Right now i am attempting to find her. But i am not sure what else can be done.  ihadnt had a chance to get her microchipped and i had only had her a few weeks. i may not be on for a while simply for this matter. i will update should anything change.

#3 ·
OMG!! I can't even imagine what you are feeling! :(  :cry:  I don't know what I would do. I'll keep you and Chloe in my thoughts. Keep checking with your animal shelters, local vets, and put flyers out everywhere. Maybe a neighbor saw something?
I really hope Chloe comes back safe and sound. Please keep us posted.....

#4 ·
I am so sorry to hear about Chloe's disappearance.  Don't give up.  One of our boston terriers somehow got out of our yard and was missing for about 1 1/2 weeks.  We have him back now.  I had contacted my local shelter and gave them his discription, my name, & phone number.  Later, the nice lady who had found him checked with the shelter and gave me a call.  We were lucky.  As already mentioned, notify & keep checking with your local shelter, put up flyers, an ad in the newspaper, etc.  I know have devastating this is.  Good Luck!

#7 ·
Andrea, I am so very sorry..Any word yet? I know you are frantic..My heart goes out to you & I have you in my thoughts & prayers..Sending big boxer hugs out & praying that Chloe finds her way home...

#12 ·
I am sooo sorry to hear that!  Chance and I are keeping our fingers and paws crossed hoping for the safe return of your girl.  Keep positive and don't give up.  Please keep us posted.

#14 ·
I'm Back

Hey guys-i just wanted to ask a question and give an update all in the same post. At this time i still have not been able to find my little Chloe. It has been two weeks now and i am starting to lose hope. I have checked the shelters and the animal control with no luck. :sigh:  Our family just doesnt feel the same at this point. My daughter and boyfriend both agree that we are missing a member now that Chloe is gone.  We are starting to possibly look for a new puppy. I find it hard to go through rescues because of my daughters age. We tried to rescue before we purchased Chloe and were turned down by 3 different groups/shelters because they felt my daughter was to young (she is 6) for "such a hyper dog" as was put to us, even though she has been around the boxer breed her whole life. That is why we ended up purchasing Chloe from a friend. We are in the Dallas Fort Worth area here in TX. Does anyone know of any rescue groups that dont have age issues with children or any good breeders in the DFW area. I am willing to go as far as the south end of Oklahoma since the drive is not too long. Anything would be helpful, we want to round our family back out sometime within the next month or so.

Thanks for any help guys!

#15 ·
You should go down to the shelters, rather than call (or in addition to calling) - I've heard many a story of the shelter saying they didn't have any Boxers, only to have the owner come in and find their dog (the shelter personnel thought it was a different breed).  This article has a lot of great information on finding a lost pet (it does sound as if she's been stolen, but she may have jumped the fence):
http://www.petrescue.com/library/find-pet.htm

As for the rescues - I'm afraid you're going to have a more difficult time getting a dog from a rescue now because of what happened with Chloe; most rescues do not allow you to leave a dog outside unattended for exactly that reason.  There are a number of good breeders in the area but they, too, may well be hesitant about placing a dog in such a situation.  You'll have a better chance with a breeder, probably, because they are better able to be flexible with their placement criteria.  A good place to start is the Boxer Clubs in the area:
http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/dallasboxerclub/
http://www.bluebonnetboxerclub.org/

A listing of other Clubs, and contact information for the Houston Boxer Club which doesn't have a website, is here:
http://www.americanboxerclub.org/us-boxer-clubs.html

#16 ·
We have gone in and checked out local shelters and animal controls strictly because i could never get anyone on the phone and when i did, they werent very helpful. To cover my basis i searched our local city shelters along with the surrounding cities just in case. This was actually a one time thing of her being left alone outside. I had to run to the store so it is not like she was outside for a long period of time. Believe me she was my baby and i did everything for her up until she was taken. I dont want people to think that i was a bad mom to my girl becuase she was outside for a small time alone. It still hurts knowing she is gone so forgive me if i sound rude.  Thanks for the link.

#19 ·
oh my goodness...i have just read your post for the first time today...i am crying for you and your family.....i know you must feel at a complete loss at the mo hunny...but keep your chin up! i know its easier said than done,i had it happen to me about 8 yrs ago...it will drive you mad if you let it hun....my thoughts from far across the water are with you...please try not to feel guilty as i know i did....rossi and myself and family send our love to you...take care x x x x michelle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.