Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.....
First I want to thank all of you soooo much for the thoughts, advice and kind words!  It was so comforting to read what everyone wrote!
Tues. mroning I did end up having to put Millie to sleep.  Everyone was so right.....pets will let you know when it is time....and that she did!  I had her for 14yrs.....funny to think about but I had her longer than I have had my children.  My sister ended up being able to join me.  That was very comforting because she was there with me when I brought Millie home 14yrs. ago, so it just seemed right to have her there when it was time to say goodbye!
Monday evening Millie just really took a turn for the worst....and people say that you can almost "smell death on them"...she had it.  The vet. even made a comment about that.  My vet. was so wonderful!  He was going to do a talk with me and then check Millie over before agreeing to do this....but then when I walked in and he took one look at her, smelled her, and the fact that she let him touch her (she NEVER let anyone at the vets. touch her but me)...he knew.  He said that this was the right decision!  That was comforting!!  I won't go into the intimate details....but lord knows I would!!  Her ashes are being spread in a rose garden at a pet cemetary not far from my house.  My boys want to go see it!  It has been hard for me...she was my first baby ever!  BUT, she was suffering so much, I know in my heart that this was what was best for her!  She NEVER fought a thing.....it was like she knew what was happening and she was ok with it!  I will miss her so much!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Always get tears in my eyes when I read posts like this..It breaks your heart to do it but at the same time you know it had to be done.  
(((((((( tons of hugs )))))))))))) to you and boxer kisses from Chloe..
RIP Millie

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Run free sweet Millie..I'm so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Run free lovely Millie, you are at peace now...I am so very sorry, my heart breaks when I hear stories like this, but know that now Millie is pain free and running like a puppy again....Hugs to all of you...

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
It is one of the hardest things to put a beloved pet down but as others have said, she is now running free of pain and you will see her again at rainbow bridge.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I'm so sorry for you loss.  My family had to put our 13 year old dog to sleep last summer, it's one of the hardest things to do.  My heart goes out to you and your family.  May Millie rest in peace now.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I am so sorry, I know there aren't many words to make anything liekthis easier. But just know you boxer family on this here forum has tons of prayers and best wishes goign your way.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you so much everyone!!!!  You all are very wonderful...and very supportive!  I really appreciate all your kind words and doggy kisses and hugs!!  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss.  She will always be in your heart.  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts