Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:? What do you do to restrain your boxer in your automobile? I hadn't thought as much about it until this week...we had to stop VERY suddenly and Indy hit the back of the front seats...duh...I can't believe I didn't think of that possibility before! Anyway, I am wondering what everyone does as far as safely restraining their babies on the road??? :?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I bought a safety harness once and put it on Chloe and she hated it but I figured she would so I kept it on for the drive home, thinkin she would get used to it..Halfway during our ride I heard Chloe yelp and then start gagging real bad..I look to see her danglin half on the seat and half off it..I nearly took out a car cutting them off trying to get off to the side of the road...She was trying so hard to get out of it that she got herself completely tangled and ended up nearly choking herself. I haven't tried another once since that episode because that scared me so bad..but then again I'm also scared of getting in a accident and her not wearing one..Dunno if that makes sense or not.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
When we were talking about collars I believe someone mentioned that their harness hooks into the seatbelt system.  I have an Xterra and am looking into buying the pet divider so they can ride in the far back on rubber mats and bedding.  Right now, I'm embarrassed to say, I put Sophie in a big box that is seatbelted in place, however, that's not going to last for much longer - as she will soon be able to get out of the box.  Kane is well, falling on the floor all the time because he insists on standing on the seat.  Crates would probably be the safest way to travel with them.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Kate\";p=\"32156 said:
When we were talking about collars I believe someone mentioned that their harness hooks into the seatbelt system.
That was me. Diesel has the easy rider harness for the car.
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... y&keepsr=1

Which we also use as his walking harness. I love it. It took a few car trips for him not to get himself tangled up. Now he jumps right to the back seat, and lays down waiting for me to put his seatbelt on. And since he's a "lap dog" it prevents him trying to get up onto my seat with me. lol

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
That is another reason I wanted Chloe in a seatbelt..Nothing like driving down the road with a tractor trailer behind you and having a 60 pound scared dog jump in your lap while your driving. Thanks Jeanene for bringing this topic up and thank you DieselsMom for that link..that looks nothing like the one I bought for Chloe so think I'm gonna give it a try again  :)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote="ChloeBellesMommy\";p=\"32161":tc9sk9el]That is another reason I wanted Chloe in a seatbelt..Nothing like driving down the road with a tractor trailer behind you and having a 60 pound scared dog jump in your lap while your driving. Thanks Jeanene for bringing this topic up and thank you DieselsMom for that link..that looks nothing like the one I bought for Chloe so think I'm gonna give it a try again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts