Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kongs are a very good toy that you can also use as a way of feeding your boxer...Both of mine love theirs filled with a mixture of peanut butter & low fat, plain yogurt..Stick it in the freezer for a few hours and instant play toy! Keeps your boxer occupied for hours..I bought the really large one, I think it's called the King Kong...They are virtually indesctructible also.... :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Kongs are definitely THE BEST toys in the world for boxers. Xena even knows the word "kong"....the tail (or stub) starts going whenever she hears the word. Its absolute heaven for her when its filled with peanut butter. "Peanut butter" is also something she recognizes and goes nuts over....and just like Samsonsmom says....kongs are virtually indestructible.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Peteu's not so much on his puppy kong as he is the peanut butter inside. after he gets the peanut butter or spray can cheese, he's done. his favorite toy is Hailey!!! our basset hounds don't really play with toys at all, they just sleep.--Rich

·
Registered
245 Posts
Haha Xena is the same way....if I say "kong" she automatically assumes there's peanut butter in it. Give her an empty one and she sniffs long and hard for the peanut butter...then walks away from it after not finding any. Basset hounds are such sweeties....its nice to have a mixture of calm and crazy.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yeppers! Odin's the same way! He loves his kong if there's a treat involved... otherwise he's like... "What's this and why do you want me to play with it? Where's the treat????"

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol, are we saying our darling babies are totally into instant gratification?  :lol:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Charlie will play with his kong for a short time if it's empty.  He'll bring it to me and I'll toss it and he'll give chase and bring it back to me.  He doesn't wanna give the toy up though until you've told him to drop it about 10 times.  He loves peanut butter and cheese but we haven't filled his kong in quite some time.  I usually just give him a piece of cheese or let him lick the dull knife I use for peanut butter n jelly sandwiches!

·
Registered
521 Posts
We have the baby Kong for Beckham right now.

We REALLY loves it.  We also started putting yogurt in it.  

While he still has his puppy teeth, how long should we wait to get him no the regular kongs?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I can remember when they finish teething, I would probably be able to answer you...It's been awhile..I would get Becks a new one when he's got all his adult teeth in..Both of mine have the King Kong, it's red and it holds a lot, but I don't always fill it completely..

·
Registered
220 Posts
Try mixing kibble and plain yougurt, then place it in the kong and then freeze it.  This will keep your boxer cool and occupied for quite some time.

Scott :)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
You can also use the puppy pops recipe in the recipes for the boxer belly section...make it up ... put it in the kong and freeze it...let him chew it outside (potential for mess high)

It'll help him stay cool and they love the taste...

Liz and Lilly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts