Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had never gotten Samson a kong before cos I truly didn't think he would be interested..Boy was I mistaken    :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Cute!  What do you have in there?  He seems to be very interested in it.  Only Gunner is interested in ours.  We have a puppy kong but need to upgrade.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Kongs are great! I swear by them! I always freeze mine so that they last a little longer. Daisy starts by getting her mouth round it and licking it exactly as Samson is in your pictures, but once she gets to the bottom bit that she can't quite seem to reach with her tongue, she starts picking up the kong and dropping or throwing it. Then it knocks the food inside loose and it drops out in chunks! Now we were always under the asumption that Daisy was a bit of a dizzy dog, as she is so daft, but she really uses her brain here and proves that she is one clever dog after all!

Glad Samson's enjoying his kong!

Heather

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put Peanut Butter in it with a some of his kibble, I'm also starting to use Sweet Potatoe on the advice of another boxer friend, good for digestion  :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, here's the latest update on the Kong...Cooked some Sweet Potato and put it in his Kong..Didn't want anything to do with it.  :( ..so now we are going to try a mixture of PB, yogurt & banana, which he loves...Try that Andrea & see if Chloe likes it...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i will have to try that. To clarify you just mix the PB, plain yogurt and bananas together and freeze it for a while??

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Andrea, yes, just mix equal parts of PB & yogurt & a few slices of banana..I would freeze it over nite really...Samson loves yogurt & obviously PB, so I'm thinking this might work well.

Oh yea, I also got a couple great doggie cookie recipes that are soo simple...

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The combo of PB, yogurt & banana was a huge hit...Samson was dragging that Kong all over trying to get one last drop  :) ..Then he started flinging it around, which can be a bit dangerous as those Kongs are pretty solid...I should have had the camera ready, it definitely was a sight.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts