Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know, my aging boy is starting to deal with arthritis in his back legs..He can't jump up on the bed anymore, has to be helped into the Jeep..Boy I feel like crying when I see this, but knew it was coming....Anyways, we started him on the Glyco Flex 2 weeks ago, for the first month, he is on double dosage to get it kick started, then he'll drop down to maintenence...Well, I'm seeing improvement  :) My boy was running! OMG, do you know how long it's been since I've seen that? Chasing Angel around the yard, in the house..Then I wanted to cry, big time...Course he still tires very quickly, but I'll take every little thing I can...He is still dragging his back leg a bit, but it's still early and we shall see, plus I plan on asking the vet when he goes in next....I just bought him some stairs for the bed, but he looked at me like "please Momma, I'm not ready for those yet" and jumped up on his own..... :) Now we can start on our walks again as it cools down, I was dreading that cos I didn't think he could handle it....

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
That Glyco is amazing stuff! I think maybe I'll start taking some! :bigrazz: I'm so happy for you and Samson that he is starting to perk up.  It's nice to see them that way. You can just tell they are happy!  :D

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
That is very good news Willow.  I hope you see continued improvement and that Samson continues to get around on his own.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Ahhhhh!!!  There's my handsome boy!!!!  I'm so glad your feeling better!!!  I told you those silly pills Momma was giving you would help!!!!

Love ya Big Boy!!!  Have a burn for us!!!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
That's awesome!  I'm so happy for both of you!  What a relief.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
is this a glucosamine complex? i know i give my clients(mostly injured athletes) a liquid form mix ..glucosamine,chondroitin and msm...its 2000 mg of the glucos..1200 of the chon. and 500 of the msm...when i was talking to a boxer breeder friend in mass she said she gives almost the same thing to her older 2 dogs,everyday...and its like magic...which is what this mix is to people..i have had about 25 clients on it so far after finding it 6 months ago..and they all swear by it now...myself included...had a bad car accidnet yrs ago that took its toll on my neck and back leaving deep scarring in my rhomboid and trap muscles ( under the shoulder blade,in your back)
..ill have to research it and see .. :D

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Way to go Samson!!! Auntie Andrea is so happy for you!!! Congrats willow, i am sure at this moment you couldnt be happier with the results

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea Sharon, I go tthe soft chews and he just loves them..I think they kinda stink, but heck, I'm not eating them....Ky, the Glyco Flex has:per 2 soft chews: 1000mg glucosamine, 1000mg MSM, 600 mg green tipped Mussel and a few other things as well....Sharon gave me a web site that has it VERY reasonable too...Thanks for that Sharon.....

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So glad to hear about Sampson and that he has spring in his step again; now we just need some pictures of him burning.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I am so happy for you and Samson.  It is so hard to see them getting older and not able to do all the things they love to!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thats fantastic News!
Im rooting that your baby will continue to improve!
They always seem to face situations with much more strength and hope than we do, no?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Excellent news - i'm so pleased for you all :D . Samson's gorgeous and i'm sure he's so pleased to give Angel a run for her money again! :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts