Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after reading last week about another member who's senior was losing control over her back legs, I started getting very worried, so back to the vet we went on Thurs with my suspicions(DM) we had x-rays done this morning and some good news....Yes, my boy has moderate arthritis and it definitely is affecting that hip, you could really see it in the x-rays. Spine looks great tho, which was my concern..Sooo, we are starting him on Adequen injections and the Deramaxx will be tapered back some....My boy did soo well, no sedation was needed for the x-rays, the vet said he was really good :) So keeping fingers, toes & paws crossed that we may have found something that will relieve the arthritis some.....He also said that his weight is actually very good 69lbs, he just looks like he weighs a lot more, he said Samson reminded him of a Boxer he had as a kid, the stockier versions you used to see 20 or 30 yrs ago...

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Great news that it is just mild arthritis right now and not something more serious. Hopefully the drug therapy will give him some relief!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
:thumbup:

Heck Ya! time to go party and celebrate Samson!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Great news for Samson - hopefully the new drug will help his arthritis!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Way to go Samson! Great news Willow.

·
Registered
231 Posts
:D Yeah for Sampson, my heart starting melting at first. We used to have a lab she went through the hips and arthritis battle, she gave us 13 great years.

Wahoooooo for Sampson

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Thats wonderful Willow, keeping everything crossed that the meds give him some relief.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
GREAT news willow!!!!!!!! Im not suprised about him being good tho lmao Samson doesnt have a bad bone in his body;)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Great news, and good boy Samson laying so still for your "pictures" :lol: Hope the meds help quick and Samson is back to his stately senior self  :D

G

·
0 Posts
so glad to hear samson will be on the mend with just one medication.  a friend used adequan shots on her arthritic boxer with excellent results.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Great news!! Praying the injections help with his arthritis. Hugs and kisses for being such a good boy at the vet!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts