Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, can anyone recommend a good hotel in the San Diego area? I have never been to Cali, and I have read reviews online, but havent been able to make a decision. Maybe in the La Jolla area?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Shaun just went on a Bachelor Party to SD in July... they stayed in La Jolla and they loved it... I'll try to find out where...

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
I don't know La Jolla, but In SD, the Mission Bay area is nice. Also the Westin, the Hyatt and the Sheraton are all down by the Seaport Village and have great views of the ocean and Coronado Island.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I kind of know San Diego... you sure you want to stay in La Jolla, pretty pricey. There's a lot of nice places here that won't break the bank. I guess the question would be... What do you want to do or see when your here and I can tell you where to stay.

Dave

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I love La Jolla, but it is real pricey..We stayed at an awesome hotel on Shelter Isle, can't remember the name, wasn't expensive..In the summer they had live concerts that as a hotel guest you could hear from their outside bar :up: Jill, do you remember the name of that hotel?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be honest I am not too concerned with price (it would be nice to not spend a lot)...I just want to stay somewhere nice...walking distance to shopping & restaurants with a great view. I looked at the Hyatt La Jolla, but the reviews all say that it is pretty far from everything.

·
Registered
733 Posts
The Hyatt in "La Jolla" is actually in the UTC area and not La Jolla. It's pretty far and not really walking distance to anything. If you want to stay in La Jolla and money is not an issue the La Valencia Hotel is downtown La Jolla and REALLY nice. Centrally located and can walk to everything La Jolla, shopping restaurant and beach.

If you want to stay downtown San Diego the Omni has a great location near the Gas Lamp area, lot's of restaurants, shopping sites and transportation like taxis and the trolly. It's across the street from the harbor too with views of Coronado.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, just checked the Valencia, and they happen to be booked for the weekend I am looking into...sucks.

Any other ideas for a hotel in La jolla?!

I appreciate your help Kona.

Is the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay in walking distance of anything?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Most of the Hotels on Prospect Street are nice a located where you can walk to everything. Hotel Parisi? and La Jolla Inn?. La Jolla Cove Suites are close to the beach but down a step hill back up to Prospect St. There's a Bed and Breakfast that I've heard was nice "The Bed & Breakfast Inn at La Jolla?" it's on the far end of La Jolla but still walkable.

Prospect street is where everything La Jolla is... shopping eating people watching.

·
Registered
179 Posts
We stayed at the Hilton at Mission Bay (near Sea World) - it was really nice!

·
Registered
733 Posts
They're isn't a ton of stuff within walking distance along Mission Bay unless you're close to the Pacific Beach area (PB). There's alot of parks, beaches sailing but that's about it.

Downtown, I think would be a lot of fun for a first timer that wants to walk to things. The Omni I mentioned has a great location to the Gas Lamp area, Seaport Village, the Embarcadero, Horton Plaza and restaurant galore. Del Mar or Carlsbad is nice too but there up the coast aways (about 30 miles)

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
samsonsmom said:
Check out the Gaslamp District :up: Dick's Last Resort, great, fun place for drinks...

http://www.gaslamp.org/index.php?option ... &Itemid=37
YES!! Love Dick's!!
Willow; the name of that Shelter Isle hotel totally escapes me...senioritis again!!
Gaslamp Quarter is really happening, and you can walk to everything from there: restaurants, shopping...and nice views from upper floors of the hotels.

Dave: I literally laughed at loud at your "I know a little about San Diego" comment!!

·
Banned
543 Posts
I'm so jealous, I lived in San Diego for 18 years, and just left two years ago. I miss it so much. :cry: :cry:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Seaport Village area, and Coronado, the Gas Lamp area is fun if you're into the night scene. La Jolla is nice, but as far as beaches go, I greatly prefer Mission Beach and Sunset Cliffs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts