Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry:  My youngest baby is sick, he has some stomach thing(from eating a pound of m&m's) The vet put him on E N Gastroenteric food that i am to feed him 2 tablespoons every couple of hours. But the poor thing won't eat it. I have tried to force it down but he will sip it back out. What else can I do to get him to eat? I already have to force water down him. Please help , he hasn't eaten anything in 3 days I need to get this food down him.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
If he is not eating, esp after eating the M&M's best thing to do it call the Vet again.  Dehydration can set in and he may require some fluids internally.  

Have you tried to boil chicken and feed him that?  What are you trying to feed him?  Reg Kibble?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
There are 44 grams of fat in a cup of M & Ms.  I guess I'd contact the vet to make sure there is nothing going on that would cause the nausea.  Sometimes something bland like a boiled potato mashed with some broth worked for us.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have already taken him to the vet , he went yesterday. he ate the m&m's last week and was acting funny sunday and monday, so I took him. He vet put him on a special kind of can food which I have to make him eat every couple of hours . That is where the problem comes in cause he won't eat it.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I would call the vet and tell them he hasn't eaten.  gently pinch (not hard, just enough to pull up the skin)  a flap of skin on his neck, does it recoil quickly or hold its shape for a few seconds? if it doesn't recoil quickly he is dehydrated.  which I would imagine if he hasn't had anything to eat or drink in days.  Try adding some chicken broth to water to make it more enticing.. feed him some plain boiled chicken off the bone.  IS he going to the bathroom normally?

poor guy... If i ate a pound of M&Ms i might not feel like eating for a couple days either! ha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts