Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has taken awhile for me to be able to do this but I'm sure you all understand why it can be so hard.

Satchel crossed the rainbow bridge on September 5th. He was 10 years old, 3 weeks shy of making to 11. He was such a wonderful baby and his passing has left such a whole in our hearts.

In January 2018 he was diagnosed with a third degree AV block for which he received a pacemaker. Unfortunately three weeks later he was diagnosed with DCM. We were told at that time he would have about 9 months. He proved them wrong and hung in there for a little over two and a half years and honestly with medication he was pretty much symptom free until the last 6 months. We feel very lucky to have had the additional time with him but it is never long enough.

Satchel porch.jpg

·
Registered
703 Posts
I am so sorry its so hard to lose our babies its a hurt that just doesn't ever go away sounds like he had an amazing and loved life and thats all any dog wants

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Oh so sorry to hear this. And while it is not much help at the moment ... it sounds like you guy's did pretty well against some tough odds. But yeah, no matter how much time we have with them ... it's never enough. Take Care

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your wonderful boxer boy. I'm sure that you provided all that he needed to live his best life.

Rest in wiggles, Satchel boy!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dang, So sorry for your loss as well. I think most the people here have been through the same experience, myself included and we all relate. Like Chip said, sounds like you guys did all you could do and Satchel was one tough Hombre. I'm sure he will be waiting for you "pain free" on the other side of Rainbow bridge. Hang in there :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
It has taken awhile for me to be able to do this but I'm sure you all understand why it can be so hard.

Satchel crossed the rainbow bridge on September 5th. He was 10 years old, 3 weeks shy of making to 11. He was such a wonderful baby and his passing has left such a whole in our hearts.

In January 2018 he was diagnosed with a third degree AV block for which he received a pacemaker. Unfortunately three weeks later he was diagnosed with DCM. We were told at that time he would have about 9 months. He proved them wrong and hung in there for a little over two and a half years and honestly with medication he was pretty much symptom free until the last 6 months. We feel very lucky to have had the additional time with him but it is never long enough.

Satchel porch.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts

Satchel porch.jpg
So very sorry for your loss! We never have enough time with our babies. 😢

·
Registered
12 Posts

Satchel porch.jpg
They always leave a boxer-size hole in our hearts. When the time is right, fill it, and your life with joy, by getting another boxer.
D. Smola, Ronin Boxers

·
Registered
78 Posts
I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s so hard to lose these sweet boxers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts