Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about writing a book called "Saving Boy". A true story about our now rescued adopted male brindle boxer with an official name of "Rusty". Last year, 18 December, 2013, I lost my dear beloved boxer boy named Bentley. Coming to Daegu, Korea on February 6, 2013 kicked off brain seizures. The stress of change and being held in quarantine for 3 days was overwhelming for him. Our vet did everything he could but Bentley just did not come back to us on that day. I was devastated and depressed for several months. We had Alex, our female boxer of 11 years, but she was nothing like Bentley. Their personalities were opposite as could be. During that year I was asked to rescue two other dogs but just couldn't do it. It broke my heart but I just wasn't ready. On a late walk with Alex in June, I happen to see in the tennis courts a shadow of a boxer. I was totally shocked for Koreans generally don't have big dogs, especially a boxer! He was so handsome and I was excited when I got up closer to check him out. His owner had another dog with him and all I could do was smile. In mid September, my neighbor called me in a panic and told me to bring my lease for she had found a boxer in the tennis courts by himself. It had looked like the owner just abandon him. I could not believe my luck - it was the same brindle boxer. He was definitely hunger, had been trained to obey in Korean (which is a language I am not strong in) and I decided to just foster him. As to not get attached to him, I gave the name of "Boy". Kind of silly, but I wasn't sure if I was ready to take on another boxer boy. We noticed that he became very upset when we or our friends left; a sure sign of anxiety. His foot also looked like it was broken. He walked very well, however; when he saw another dog, he would sit and watched the dog until he was completely out of sight. Sometimes he would become wired for sound, do flips and wig out which made walking rather stressful and forever long three times a day. My husband made the decision that if "Boy" was not chipped, then when I took him to the vet, we would officially adopt him. He was not! I can not tell you how excited I was and how much "Boy" now "Rusty" has helped me. Sometimes I can see Bentley in him, but its nice to see another dog's personality. We do have some issues, but I am devoted to help him work thru them.

· Registered
995 Posts
Congratulations on your new family member! And thank you for rescuing him. He is a lucky boy & it appears you & your family are lucky to have found him!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.