Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to boxers (not dogs in general) so I thought I would register here.  That is enough about me because Hemi is who you are probably really interested in.

7 week old female.

She has been great so far.  Just the regular puppy stuff.  What have you guys found works the best for chew toys in the very beginning?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome, she's so cute! :) Debo used to like the smaller stuff animal type toys at first.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
She's gorgeous...I look forward to your discoveries here...there are a lot of traits that are just plain boxer and SO much fun!

I did the usual harder chews...the ones that "brush their teeth" as they chew...also, kongs work great...the smaller ones to start...keeps them busy and good for their teething needs!

Congrats and welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Welcome to both of you.  Hemi is adorable and we are glad to have both of you.  As for puppy toys, Sophie's favorites are Mr. Mallard, tennis ball, crab, the racoon, and Henrietta the chicken.  Kane's favorite is Mr. Mallard and the plain chicken (he won't go anywhere without it (even sleeps with the silly thing).   There are lots of great toys under the Toys, Toys, Toys heading (just click on the Forum Index) that you can check out also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MicnIndysMom\";p=\"29137 said:
I did the usual harder chews...the ones that "brush their teeth" as they chew...also, kongs work great...the smaller ones to start...keeps them busy and good for their teething needs!
Fill it with anything in particular?  I know peanut butter is popular, but is it safe for puppies?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I put plain peanutbutter in both of their kongs when I've had enough puppy brawls for a while -- it keeps them busy and tires them out digging out the goodies.. you can also put yogurt and fruit in the kong toys and freeze them for your baby too.  It's safe and good for them.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hello and welcome to you and Hemi!  :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the recommendations.  I'll be sure to let her know that all of you think she is beautiful.  She never gets tired of hearing it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Welcome Hemi and mom!

We use a puppy kong, flavored tennis balls, knotted ropes, and a puppy nylabone for chew toys.  I'm not sure how healthy they are but we have used Busy Bones for both our dogs, for Jaxon they really do keep him busy, but Bayla eats them just way too fast.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to both of you...Hemi is adorable...Mine also love their Kongs filled with low fat yogurt & peanut butter..Angel also loves Nylabones, those are the best for that "chewing" stage...Samson the old man says he prefers the soft stuffies  :) which are good to have as well.....

·
Registered
294 Posts
She's adorable!  Welcome.  Beckham used to like the smaller stuffed toys, as Debo said and we got him a puppy nylabone; which he seemed to enjoy.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Hemi is just the cutest; about toys everyone else has mentioned the ones I would have.  Can't wait for more pictures.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts