Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I just got my new female named Remy today! She is super smart and can already sit, come and has been going potty outside. Right now she is taking a nap in her crate. I'm trying to ease her into it and she only cried once. I let her cry it out for a bit, then go quiet. That's when I let her out. I have another dog named Luke who is a 4 year old cattle dog/shepard.

Right now Remy is super freaked out when she sees him and shakes uncontrollably and runs to me or her crate. Any tips for easing her transition into sharing a house with another dog?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Remy is a doll.. Welcome :)

I'd say small introductions every day with your other dog, maybe use a baby gate for separation allow Remy to see Luke on her own terms.. I suspect given time Remy will get over her fear everything is all so new to her.

·
Registered
92 Posts
When we brought our little boxer girl home, we gated her in the kitchen on the hard flooring. She could see our other dog and they could sniff through the gate, but pretty much for the first week they didn't interact very much. We would walk them together around our block, and sometimes take them out to the backyard together, but otherwise almost no contact. then we started letting her play supervised in the living room a bit and he was around. Week two with her at home and they are pretty great together!! She is still gated in the kitchen when someone can't be with her, but that is mostly for housetraining reasons, not because of the dog/dog relationship

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Welcome to the forum and Remy is adorable, what nice markings she has. Since you are crate training and that basically means she will be opening much of her time in there it will work out fine. The other dog will get use to her scent and will explore the crate when you have her outside or to play. She in turn will get use to him coming by sniffing and when he is out she will learn his scent.. Don't push it it will all happen natural. She is just in a new place everything new so let her settle and maybe walk them together in they yard paraell to one another and the have them together in the same room when you are playing with them. It won't take much time at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts