Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I felt a little bump on the back/outside of Oggie's ear flap.  After investigating it looks to me to be a crusty scab.  Maybe it was a bug bite or something before?  I was concerned there could be a tick in there but it doesn't look irritated or anything, and he hasn't been scratching it.  When I touch it he's not in pain.  I called the vet and they said it doesn't sound serious and they'll take a look when I come in 2 weeks.  I was wondering though, anyone recommend putting ointment on it or anything?  For now I guess I'll just leave it alone

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I would just let it alone.  If it were a cut and not scabbed then I would maybe use Neosporin, but since its already begun the healing process, I would personally just let it heal on its own.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I agree if it is a regular looking scab like from a cut or bite then leave it alone it is already healing.  If it is really crusty and more round like this then let me know....because you may want to use some fungal cream.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great stuff, thanks!  It doesn't look like that picture because it's not round and it's very tiny.  It's actually impossible to see unless you pull back some fur.  So for now I'll just watch it and see if it heals.  Thanks again

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
[quote="sully\";p=\"48226":119jt5fp]Great stuff, thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts