Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I adopted my boxer mix, Piper, a couple of years ago. Just recently within the past year I’ve noticed her ears are getting crusted over with scabs. She shakes her head a lot, is constantly scratching. We’ve been to several vets that provide yeast infection medication but within weeks it comes back. Everytime we go to the vet it’s $200-$400. She’s been on the same food since I’ve had her. No changes in lifestyle or anything.
Hand Leg Comfort Dog breed Carnivore

Vertebrate Dog breed Mammal Carnivore Gesture

Nose Eye Fawn Terrestrial animal Snout

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
How often do you clean the ears? I usually wipe out my dogs ears with warm washcloth when I do the face wrinkles. some dogs just have more ear dirt and depending on where you live if it’s hot could make yeast grow. Itchy ears can be part of seasonal allergies if this was food you’d be seeing more gastrointestinal issues

·
Registered
412 Posts
I would just clean Pipers ears a little more often.. Then do a round of Zymox otic HC 1.%.
Then I would start to change Pipers food to less of carbohydrates, if it does not clear up.
Gltu

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
When our Boxer's ears looked similar, our vet swabbed them, and looked under the microscope. She saw bacteria, and yeast infection. We were prescribed medicine to treat the ears, and then come back to recheck if it worked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts